Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
HP42

What's flying over your house? Thread #2

1,080 posts in this topic

Shorts Tucano over MJW Models HQ, overall Black with some Yellow flashes on it. Couldn't make out much else as I was looking through tree branches.

thanks

Mike

Once more, the super constellation. Most probably flying from Basle to Zurich. Great sound! :)

Alex

Just watched 2 AH-64D longbow Apaches from the library window.

Frequent visitors to Staverton for fuel.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon

Just seen coastguard helicopter CG104 (G-SARD) literally 1,000 feet above my house. Did a circle round and then headed back the way it came.

Currently over North Mundham in west sussex according to FlightRadar on heading 278.

Dunno what they were doing, but it didn't stay long over Littlehampton.

Heard a heavy prop job earlier today but cloud obscured it. Other than that the usual woodpigeons and another crow

1 person likes this

Norwegian F16, twin tanks (and appeared to be loaded for Bear) did a circuit around Kristiansund right over the top of me (might have landed but I couldn't tell from where I am).

And specially for Darby, a Sea Eagle gliding over the Fjord along with assorted common crows and seagulls.

Duncan B

On Friday there was a Hawk came over heading towards Leeds Bradford Airport (we live where they turn for finals about ten miles out.

later that same day the Dutch DC3 which had been at the airport came over on its way back to the Netherlands.

On Sunday afternoon coming back up the A46 north of Leicester saw what looked like a Westland Scout.

RAF air/sea rescue Sea King has just flown past MJW Models HQ and about 15-20 mins ago, what looked like a Jet Provost heading North/North East.

thanks

Mike

Just had what I am assuming is the BoB Flight Dakota, Spitfire & Hurricane fly over.

Great noise!

Karl

Piper Cub heading towards Yorkshire from Milnrow and following the M62,........NICE.

Cheers

Tony

Just heard an unfamiliar turboprop. A quick look on FR24 showed it to be a Ukraine Alliance AN-12 at approx 15,000ft. I wish the weather was clear enough to have seen it!

A V-22 Osprey! How odd. Just north of Lincoln, heading north, possibly from Scampton..?

Also spotted a Chinook at work earlier today near Great Yarmouth and a Hunter, twice, parked up on the A17. ;)

Edited by RMP2

Just down the road from Wattisham so lots of Apache action heading up & down. Sea King search & rescues for the time being. KC135s & occasional Hercs from Mildenhall - even the occasional Osprey. Nice run by the Duxford Catalina the other day. Used to get the occasional Tornado flying through Wattisham and the Antonov transports until the runway was closed.

F-WWMZ - A400M out of Brize just went over

Antonov An-12 comes past most evenings, just after 8.

Interesting red coloured fuselage, came out of East Mids I think.

1 person likes this

What was flying over Brum at 13:00 today?

Sounded like the Dakota but I didn't see it.

Rick.

Robin and Great Tit earlier. Male Chaffinch 5 mins ago, variable incidence wings, STOL capability and probably 'below bingo' as it landed on the seed tray and had a bite to eat.

3 people like this

Osprey up and down the coast at about 1.30pm today

Robin and Great Tit earlier. Male Chaffinch 5 mins ago, variable incidence wings, STOL capability and probably 'below bingo' as it landed on the seed tray and had a bite to eat.

Had a pair of Goldfinches in the garden today, feeding on the seeds. Not seen any for years, hopefully a new pair moved in somewhere local.

Yesterday we had sparrows in the garden. Haven't seen sparrows in an age.

They were disturbed by a Typhoon.

On Sunday afternoon coming back up the A46 north of Leicester saw what looked like a Westland Scout.

I saw that too, I'm guessing you must have seen it fairly close to the Widmerpool A46/A606 junction. I live near there and it went almost over my house, it was going quite slowly as I remember. I didn't realise a Scout was still flying anywhere.

Just the occasional airliner. However, last year during the NATO summit in Cardiff, we where treated to a pair of V-22s flying low level over my house.