What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

I was woken up in the middle of the night last night by a helicopter which seemed to be in the area for ages. Not sure what it was but must have been military or Coastguard as we're too far south to regularly get civvies out of ABZ, especially at stupid o'clock.

Duncan B

A Tiger Moth, some way in the distance. I could just about ID the type without my bins, but couldn't identify the airframe even with them. It looked like it could possibly have been white or silver, with black trim, though that could easily have been due to the bright sunlight.

• 2 weeks later...

Not near my house im driving by Ohare airport in Chicago. I saw a 747 -400 air cargo type. Heres the funny thing zero windows, all white, no logo’s whatsoever, and only a tiny dark blue or black registration # under the horizontal stabs. Do some air cargo companies paint there own aircraft ? 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Not near my house im driving by Ohare airport in Chicago. I saw a 747 -400 air cargo type. Heres the funny thing zero windows, all white, no logo’s whatsoever, and only a tiny dark blue or black registration # under the horizontal stabs. Do some air cargo companies paint there own aircraft ? 

It's possibly an airframe that's owned by a lease company, on short term hire to someone else. It's also possible that it belongs to a freight company who don't advertise on their aircraft (aircraft painting is expensive), or maybe it's the CIA's secret shipping company... (Oh wait, it was white, not black.)

You didn't happen to get the rego by chance?

Cavok Air An12 at 19000ft ( thank you flightradar24!)

Very,very noisy, clear sunny day showed up lovely in it's dark blue/orange scheme

All plane-spotters in Sweden is preparing to watch the skies for the annual Christmas-tree flight.

A 12-ship Gripen formation will do the following tour today over western Sweden:

13:30 Take-off at F 7
13:39 Åmål
13:46 Karlstad
13:50 Kristinehamn
13:57 Mariestad
14:03 Karlsborg
14:10 Skövde
14:13 Falköping
14:20 Borås
14:35 Halmstad (stretch goal)
14:38 Falkenberg
14:41 Varberg