What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Something very loud with props over Rochdale this morning (Thursday 14th Sept).....just above the clouds,....so didn`t see it,...nothing showing on Flightradar..... have a feeling that it could have been at Atlas,.....as apparently one was  flying around Hull a short while later and also the Lakes. I`ve never actiually seen one of these yet!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

It probably wasn't, but around midday on Friday I was driving on the A590 near the M6 junction when I saw what looked to me like a Fulcrum flying towards lake Windermere.

Whatever it was was flying at a few hundred feet in no particular hurry.

I'd seen more than a few Hawks and Tucanos in the week we'd spent up there in the lake district and have seen Tornados and Typhoons on previous visits.

Edited by daldroflas
Typos

Ok weird one. A mate of mine texted me to identify aircraft that had flown over his north west Leicestershire house this afternoon. He said there were two aircraft with what appeared to be twin boom tails. I showed him a picture of a Noratlas and he thought that was similar. I gather there is one flying but two?! He said a jet also flew with it. All sounds a bit bizarre to me. I did wonder if was the pair of Shorts Skyvans with 'twin tails' but he was adamant it wasn't after seeing a picture.

Got me beaten...I've no idea!

21 hours ago, HP42 said:

Ok weird one. A mate of mine texted me to identify aircraft that had flown over his north west Leicestershire house this afternoon. He said there were two aircraft with what appeared to be twin boom tails. I showed him a picture of a Noratlas and he thought that was similar. I gather there is one flying but two?! He said a jet also flew with it. All sounds a bit bizarre to me. I did wonder if was the pair of Shorts Skyvans with 'twin tails' but he was adamant it wasn't after seeing a picture.

Got me beaten...I've no idea!

Somebody on another forum reported 2 vampires and mig 15 flying over Market Harborough, transiting from the Southport show to Duxford.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, iainpeden said:

Somebody on another forum reported 2 vampires and mig 15 flying over Market Harborough, transiting from the Southport show to Duxford.

That sounds like it! I'll send him a piccy of a Vampire and see if it matches what he saw. It's certainly the right configuration -and an accompanying jet to boot, all in the right place.

This morning at 10.00, a Mirage 2000 heading west at about 250m, followed about 1/12 min. later by another one which I did not see because the trees were in the way, If they were intended to be a pair they were certainly well separated. About two hours later another fast jet (  Mirage 2000 or Rafale )which I did not see as I was indoors.

Edited by Biggles87

On 21/09/2017 at 1:34 PM, Biggles87 said:

This morning at 10.00, a Mirage 2000 heading west at about 250m, followed about 1/12 min. later by another one which I did not see because the trees were in the way, If they were intended to be a pair they were certainly well separated. About two hours later another fast jet (  Mirage 2000 or Rafale )which I did not see as I was indoors.

Clearly spending your pension wisely in France somewhere...Orange maybe?

Quite jealous bet you veg patch is awesome not sure about your raspberrys tho😃

3 hours ago, junglierating said:

Clearly spending your pension wisely in France somewhere...Orange maybe?

Quite jealous bet you veg patch is awesome not sure about your raspberrys tho😃

Hi we're in the Limousin actually, surrounded by cattle. No veg patch, but we do have some fruit trees which help keep us supplied with jam and chutney.

Cheers

John

• Haha 1