What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Where I've brought my temporary self-propelled house on wheels is near Chichester and so near the home of Boultbee Aviation, so I'm guessing that it was one of their Spitfires which flew over shortly after we arrived.

On 06/04/2017 at 10:45 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Something very noisy, some kind of jet at medium/high altitude, checked flight radar and there was no traffic in the area, either it was a lagging a few minutes behind (as there was a380 on its way) or it was something military. Didn't sound like the 380's usually do so I think it likely to be military, like to know what but I suspect I will remain a mystery

Hi, I had almost exactly the same experience on Tuesday- high altitude, relatively loud an long-lasting jet sound.

I checked flight radar and it was an F15E flying over the Midlands, across to the Mach Loop and back again about an hour or so later.

-He popped up on flight radar for only a few minutes and then vanished.

Edit: Check out this: https://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/PopupCallsign.php?zoekCallsign=CLAW41

Edited by cathasatail

13 minutes ago, cathasatail said:

Hi, I had almost exactly the same experience on Tuesday- high altitude, relatively loud an long-lasting jet sound.

I checked flight radar and it was an F15E flying over the Midlands, across to the Mach Loop and back again about an hour or so later.

-He popped up on flight radar for only a few minutes and then vanished.

Edit: Check out this: https://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/PopupCallsign.php?zoekCallsign=CLAW41

Possibly, I know theres some mountain home eagles over here at the moment so perhaps it could have been one of them visiting down south....

• Like 1

Some of you may be aware that the Patrouille de France have been touring the US recently. Last week, they visited the Thunderbirds, up the road from me at Nellis in Vegas. On Thursday, they did a photoshoot over local sights including the Grand Canyon. You can see those photos on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/patrouilledefr ... nref=story

After their photo shoot over the Canyon, they were on their way to Sacramento for an airshow, but one of the a/c went tech, so a pair of them diverted into Flag Airport, where I saw them on Friday morning before I went to work. Not the best photos, but I was not wanting to outstay my welcome by doing a long photoshoot.

pdf-flag03_zpsvjx0ftz0.jpg

pdf-flag04_zpsb0fetxma.jpg

pdf-flag06_zpsqh01xtjq.jpg

pdf-flag05_zpsym6roxjm.jpg

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Like 3

Not the sharpest pic as it was taken on the ole mobile at almost full zoom but this USMC KC-130T 165316 "Yanky99" dropped into Glasgow over the weekend - 

C7C282D0-0F9D-40B6-BE66-4BCB0D86560E_zps

It may have had a tech fault when it went to depart today as when I went to see what the racket was one of the lads at work said it had 2 runs down runway 23 before taxiing back in to the stands in front of the tower. This was a treat in it own right as it pulled in and performed a 180deg turn but must have been close to or over the stand markings because the ramp was promptly dropped and a bit of reverse parking ensued. It shut down for a bit before moving back to the other side of the airfield and finally departed at 1500ish this afternoon. 

Eng

Edited by eng
  • Like 1

The House Martins (feathered ones) are back; yayy! Saw half a dozen swallows over Avon Reservoir on Dartmoor yesterday as well. As for aircraft, something earlier but couldn't be bothered to see what it was.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

A pair of Tornado GR4's have just flown over MJW Models HQ (and therefore also my flat), one of which flew right in front of the office just a few hundred feet above the village, heading inland.

I always suspected MJW Models HQ was a plush skyscraper block.

• Like 1

Helicopters. 

Lots of Helicopters this week!

Earlier today and on Monday, a pair of Lynxes flew overhead. I couldn't identify the version, except they had wheeled undercarriage.

Around an hour ago, two Apaches flew low and slow, parallel to the road through our village. I suspect the pilot of the second one may have spotted me peering out of the window, as he gave a "waggle" before peeling off to the right.

2 hours ago, Seahawk said:

I always suspected MJW Models HQ was a plush skyscraper block.

Haha, it's a 4 bed detached house in a Northumberland village!  It comes with views of the east coast mainline and a glimpse of the North Sea

thanks

Mike 

The two seater Spit from Biggin as normal, see it almost every day and still rush outside when I hear it! I have 4 years left at my job. I will then be spending part of my retirement fund to be in the back seat looking down and not up for a change! If SWMBO lets me of course?!?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Simon382 said:

The two seater Spit from Biggin as normal, see it almost every day and still rush outside when I hear it! I have 4 years left at my job. I will then be spending part of my retirement fund to be in the back seat looking down and not up for a change! If SWMBO lets me of course?!?

Go for it, Mrs GB bought me a ride in the Boultbee Spitfire flying out of Goodwood.  You won't regret it..  Get the video and everything and you too can watch your Spitfire grin.  

I'm currently saving for my second 'once in a lifetime' experience...  See if I can get my brother in a Spitfire formation next to me...

IMG_0731_zps9xe47jjs.jpg

• Like 3

A Tipsy Trainer, G-AISA flew over this afternoon.

I was quite pleased with my ID skills on this one. I'd only seen one before, which was in a brown and cream livery, and that was some time ago. Having noticed that this one was red overall,  I suspected that it might be the same aeroplane, but repainted, but it seems that a few exist. 

A charming, little aeroplane.