What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

• 2 weeks later...

Went for a nice walk around the nearest nature reserve yesterday and saw plenty of siskins, goldfinches and lesser redpolls. We had some good views of a couple of stonechats but best of all, a pair of little owls in the nearby quarry.

As we were watching the little owls, a de Havilland Leopard Moth flew overhead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the last few days now there have been multiple little red jets flying over, often dangerously close to each other. They are sometimes making trails of different coloured smoke that surely cant be good for the atmosphere or anything breathing it in - could be contrails? Hmmm?

Anyway, it all looks frightfully dangerous to me and is costing much of my time sitting in the back yard watching them cavort about in the sunshine. They should be banned!!

• Like 2

4 (noisy) jets leaving contrails over Stirling, heading SE.

Tried to get binoculars onto them but no joy.

Typhoons maybe?

• Like 1

More a case of flying over my own house! Had a wee trip down to Heathrow for work last Monday and for once the weather over the west of Scotland was quite pleasant, snapped this wee pick looking back towards the city as we climbed out of Glasgow.

7474038F-C0F7-4CE1-8272-F1511DF4388C_zps

Caught a classic Boeing product tucking the gear away departing Heathrow as I made my way back, thought it looked nice in B+W. These beauty's are dwindling with BA but are still much loved by passengers, crew and engineers.

C0EFD928-4B5A-4102-8396-C0B5A30BBCF8_zps

Eng

• Like 1

On 07/03/2017 at 4:16 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

First spitfire of the year this morning, and just now a trio of chinooks 

The Chinooks landed at Brompton Barracks yesterday headed out towards Chatham Dockyard so missed getting a pic sadly 

4 F-15s flying north-north-west over Dundee this morning. 3 tanks on each so transiting home I assume but flying quite low, about 2000 feet I'd say. Nice to see, we get nothing now Leuchars is closed.

Currently there is an Emirates Airbus A380 circling near us, between Leeds and Wakefield. Should be from Manchester to Dubai. Has undercarriage down and according to Flightradar is at about 9000ft. Assume there is a problem and is burning fuel to get down to landing weight. Also inbound to LBA a grey Islander, presumably an RAF one as not showing on Flightradar. Hope all is well

Edited by Martin T