What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Not quite flying but just down the road! Noticed this EC-130 sitting at Glasgow this morning -

image_zps8g37tvi9.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality pic, mobile phone pic through the fence, but thought the subject may be of interest.

Eng

Edited by eng

I've just had a pair of Tornados fly past the back of my flat, one at a time about 20 secs apart. That's a good advantage of moving out of a town and a few miles up the road! The irony is that the Tornados were flying much closer to my flat than we could get to the displaying aircraft at the Sunderland airshow!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

A US Coastguard C-130. Mind you we are on holiday on Florida's Gulf Coast. I don't know if that's cheating but it was pretty low and an impressive sight.

Was at the Mum in laws in Selsdon Surrey and had the Reds fly over the back of us then 45mins later BBMF went over at about which seemed 200ft great sight and sound don't know if they came out of Biggin for Eastbourne and Headcorn ?

Guy

Any more information?

Im assuming its the a/c that belongs to their test & evaluation unit WD61 based at Manching (I think) - have a look through these Google search options https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Luftwaffe+test+unit+WTD61+Tornado&biw=1366&bih=614&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie1ZqGucPOAhVlAcAKHTppDIYQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=Luftwaffe+test+and+evaluation+unit+WTD61+Tornado

A prop plane just flew over quite low, clearly ww2 vintage but not sure what it was, couldnt see any markings, looked a like a a yak9 but it couldn't have been????? Edit might be one of the yak3 replicas with the Allison engine, did sound like a p-40

Finally comfirmed I did see what I thought, was indeed the yak-3 replica

Finally comfirmed I did see what I thought, was indeed the yak-3 replica

I saw it too, but couldn't believe it would be a yak so thought it must be a P40 or spitfire. it was doing tight circles around my house and did a loop. (one of the benefits of being in the middle of nowhere- planes do loops and roles around my house :) )

Yesterday - collapsed weather balloon - drifting west from Swindon towards Kemble descending rapidly.......

weather%20balloon_01.jpg

weather%20balloon_02.jpg

Sorry for the poor image - it was a few miles away at the limit of my lens....

Ken

PS - Be interesting to find out where it made 'landfall' - must have been near Kemble

• Like 1