What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Hi ,the vucan flew over about 30 mins ago heading for Cosford .

Lucky you, just got back from east midlands on the farewell tour but she was a no show due to outbound traffic.Very disappointed.

This was from Saturdays flypast of XH558 over East Yorkshire - the Vulcan flew right over our garden!!

An amazing sight and sound, just wish I had a DSLR and lens to take the pictures with.

VulcanHouse_zpsrwdcprw4.jpg

Karl

• Like 3

C-17 flying nice and low over bordon and Whitehill and then confirmed by a mate it landed at farnborough about 4mins later. Anyone know why it was round these parts and at farnborough? Couldn't tell where it was from either.

Yesterday there was what looked like a Mirage 2000D - possibly in the Leeming instrument circuit. Too high & distant to get a picture.

C-17 flying nice and low over bordon and Whitehill and then confirmed by a mate it landed at farnborough about 4mins later. Anyone know why it was round these parts and at farnborough? Couldn't tell where it was from either.

I work in an office just off the airport, and C-17's come and go fairly regularly. I saw this one, I suspect it may be something to do with the AAIB, maybe bringing home the wreckage of the Puma lost in Afganistan?

Not over my house as such but went along to the cinema with my boys this afternoon only to find the French warship Aquitaine docked outside with an Aeronavale NH90 on the back of it. Made the trip to see Hotel Transylvania 2 a lot more interesting

Not over my house as such but went along to the cinema with my boys this afternoon only to find the French warship Aquitaine docked outside with an Aeronavale NH90 on the back of it. Made the trip to see Hotel Transylvania 2 a lot more interesting

Funny what you can find in the car park outside your local Odeon!

Lots and lots of geese. I live not far from the Dee Marshes and over last few weeks I've seen wave upon wave of them heading roughly south east.

Are there any twitchers here than can give me gen on what type and where they're going?

Trevor

• Like 1