What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Lots of traffic today: several great tits, blue tits, robins, dunnocks, goldfinches, greenfinches (numbers seem to be recovering slowly), along with the usual sparrows and squabbling starlings.

Even though we only have a small garden, we have quite a few feeders out and get lots of visitors.

The more exotic of these were a goldcrest, a somewhat lost reed bunting, a great spotted woodpecker and that make sparrowhawk I managed to get some pictures of last year.

We have robins in a nest box I built so chuffed about that. Last Wednesday a C17 flew over several times doing practice approaches into LBA

A couple of DHFS / SARTU Griffin's flew West along the Great Glen this morning & headed back East a few minutes ago, possibly out of Lossiemouth.

Quite a way from home - maybe doing a bit of fishing in Mallaig...

Edit:- Now back & circling a gloomy looking Ben Nevis.

An Antonov AN-12 has just gone over Milnrow, Lancashire (M62 Junct 21!) heading for Yorkshire,......very very loud!

Cheers

Tony

Just had a Meteor fly over, heading East, so I assume it's going to Duxford.

Always a treat to see one!

Just seen the same. I live in Gamlingay near sandy and it was heading towards Duxford. Lovely sight and sound.

CL-215T

Convair 580 (two of them)

Eurocopter AS350B2

Missed the 212's taking off.

Forest fire 40 km to the west so last 6 hours have been water bombers orbiting over town reloading.

Sad news is we just lost a pilot on a different fire Friday - Air Tractor 802 crashed killing the pilot on board.

Red Arrows flew over Mountsorrel, Leics about 17.15 today.

Counted 10 Hawks though. Thought only 9 displayed?

They have a spare, just in case one gets lost....

• Like 1

On my way to pick up my step-daughter from air cadets at RAF Brize Norton this evening I was treated to a fly-past from a CV22 Osprey on approach to the east end of the runway. VERY, VERY excited as I've not seen one of these before!!!

I'm used to seeing many different aircraft buzzing around but this really did leave me speechless with a dropped jaw...

Hutch

My lAd saw the Vulcan last week..I missed it..typical...

However,we were at our caravan at Sinnington just outside Pickering yesterday,and a tornado flew over our van at approx 80 ft..very very low..was fantastic

Daz

• 2 weeks later...