What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Just seen coastguard helicopter CG104 (G-SARD) literally 1,000 feet above my house. Did a circle round and then headed back the way it came.

Currently over North Mundham in west sussex according to FlightRadar on heading 278.

Dunno what they were doing, but it didn't stay long over Littlehampton.

Norwegian F16, twin tanks (and appeared to be loaded for Bear) did a circuit around Kristiansund right over the top of me (might have landed but I couldn't tell from where I am).

And specially for Darby, a Sea Eagle gliding over the Fjord along with assorted common crows and seagulls.

Duncan B

On Friday there was a Hawk came over heading towards Leeds Bradford Airport (we live where they turn for finals about ten miles out.

later that same day the Dutch DC3 which had been at the airport came over on its way back to the Netherlands.

On Sunday afternoon coming back up the A46 north of Leicester saw what looked like a Westland Scout.

A V-22 Osprey! How odd. Just north of Lincoln, heading north, possibly from Scampton..?

Also spotted a Chinook at work earlier today near Great Yarmouth and a Hunter, twice, parked up on the A17. ;)

Edited by RMP2

Just down the road from Wattisham so lots of Apache action heading up & down. Sea King search & rescues for the time being. KC135s & occasional Hercs from Mildenhall - even the occasional Osprey. Nice run by the Duxford Catalina the other day. Used to get the occasional Tornado flying through Wattisham and the Antonov transports until the runway was closed.

Robin and Great Tit earlier. Male Chaffinch 5 mins ago, variable incidence wings, STOL capability and probably 'below bingo' as it landed on the seed tray and had a bite to eat.

• Like 3

Robin and Great Tit earlier. Male Chaffinch 5 mins ago, variable incidence wings, STOL capability and probably 'below bingo' as it landed on the seed tray and had a bite to eat.

Had a pair of Goldfinches in the garden today, feeding on the seeds. Not seen any for years, hopefully a new pair moved in somewhere local.

Yesterday we had sparrows in the garden. Haven't seen sparrows in an age.

They were disturbed by a Typhoon.

On Sunday afternoon coming back up the A46 north of Leicester saw what looked like a Westland Scout.

I saw that too, I'm guessing you must have seen it fairly close to the Widmerpool A46/A606 junction. I live near there and it went almost over my house, it was going quite slowly as I remember. I didn't realise a Scout was still flying anywhere.

Just the occasional airliner. However, last year during the NATO summit in Cardiff, we where treated to a pair of V-22s flying low level over my house.