1/72 Amodel TU 134

kev67

I'm building my first AModel at the moment and I'm really enjoying it, needs cleaning up and a bit of extra work... I would imagine their kits are the best for Russian stuff, have only heard good things and after seeing your Vangaurd I wouldn't have thought you would have any trouble building one.

Do it Kev.... :D

Edit, you've done it! Good lad.

Edited by Radleigh

A Model kits aren't bad really. Just need a bit of extra work in prepping the parts. My recent Caribou and older build the Buffalo both to 1/144 are testimony to these kits... I hope! And I have done others as well to 1/144 and 72nd. Good fun.

• Like 2

Ukraine still have 1 in use, Syria might do too, Air Koryo still use 1 or 2, The Russian AF still have quite a few in use and I'm pretty sure that there are 1 or 2 privately owned ones too... not sure how many civil Russian ones are around.

Yes, I'm currently working on the kit.

I really enjoy building it, the quality is far superior to the old Amodel kits.

I can highly recommend the Neomega engine parts which are very useful and rather cheap to obtain from pas-models.

The etched parts which are included in the kit don't appear too useful to me. Would be nice if extra tech or Eduard did a set.

A few of the older USSR types remain in internal service.

They ware due to be replaced by this..a or so is the plan if and when it actually happens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irkut_MC-21.

At the moment Russian used a large number or Boeing and Airbus types with the Airbus being dominent in the sammelr types. These are Isish or Bermudan registered and clearly this is not something Russia really wants.

The few Russian airlines types that have been built in recent years An-148/158 Sukhoi Superjet Il. 86/96, Tu-204 etc. have not exactly excelled in performance or production numbers.

The Antonov AN-124 has done quite well but it is neither an airliner or Russian

Yes, I'm currently working on the kit.

I really enjoy building it, the quality is far superior to the old Amodel kits.

I can highly recommend the Neomega engine parts which are very useful and rather cheap to obtain from pas-models.

The etched parts which are included in the kit don't appear too useful to me. Would be nice if extra tech or Eduard did a set.

I'll have a look

Hi Kev,

I recently bought the LOT version of the kit, but have only done a small amount so far.

One thing that I have noticed is that the engine intake liner will need some sanding to get it to fit into the two nacelle halves.

The lack of locating pins with the kit means that it is a bit like doing a vacform (no worries for you then) but with a lot less preparation.

One problem with my kit's decals is that they have the Polish Airlines' titles twice, but all the pictures I can find show that one side should be in Polish. Anyway, I've solved that by buying an aftermarket set to do it in Belavia colours.

Dave