Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

There are several sellers on that well known auction site with them at £46ish with free shipping, just be aware that you could be hit for VAT if caught by HMRC.  It seems to be hit and miss at the moment.  Had one come through with no charge and another with £3.74 VAT plus RMs ransom (sorry, handling fee) of £8!!

Tokyo Model Detective offer a good service but you need to remember that Darren will add postage on once he is ready to ship and will put the true value on the customs form so you run the chance of VAT and Import duty.

• Like 1

Factor in £13ish for the import, and then take your chances that they'll miss it.  That way the only surprise you'll get is a nice one.  OOOOOR, you could just skip the lottery and go direct to Shane at Japan:Cool.  He's a nice gentleman too, which all helps :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Bandai know how to announce a product :) I love that they've extended the PG moniker to non-Gundam things.

*looks wistfully at Fine Molds Falcon in stash*

Will

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gekko_1 said:

Looks like we've found your next build Andy! :evil_laugh:

Oh yes. I just need Bandai to sponsor me to build one now. I dread to think what it's going to cost :blink:

Incidentally, what does 'Application acceptance schedule' mean. Is it going to be limited availability?

Andy

The £280 price tag will more likely be £320 by the time you factor in postage and then you will need to keep fingers crossed that you don't get hit with import duty and VAT so probably nearer £400!!

There appears to be lighting with it as well or it might be an add on like the falcon and large BB-8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyRM101 said:

Oh yes. I just need Bandai to sponsor me to build one now. I dread to think what it's going to cost :blink:

Incidentally, what does 'Application acceptance schedule' mean. Is it going to be limited availability?

Andy

Having had a root round a few FB pages and groups there is a strong suggestion that this will only be available direct from Bandai somehow, possibly dedicated website, and won't be available to vendors which will probably mean it is only available to those in the Far East to buy. 

Guess that will only push the price up even further for the rest of us!!

Yeah, going by the scuttlebutt It looks like they've made the indecipherable decision to P-Bandai it. Which means that you'll be paying buyers fees on top of everything else (though they have recently opened up their P-Bandai Webster for the US but that doesn't help the majority of people on this site). 

I'll be sticking with my two AMT ones with their resin upgrade sets. The Finemolds one looks lovely and detailed but it's still too long in the mandibles and the curviture of the hull is wrong just like the AMT so I've never seen the point in getting it fir the price it's offered as there would be just as much work required to 'fix' it. Though it does look 1 million times better out of the box. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first plastic injected kit of 5 footer a.k.a. THE Millennium Falcon (all others being 30 incher)

4 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Andy

Next to the little placard there's a sign that states Limited Quantity, so you might be right.  

Edited by R0ver
  • Like 1

Looking through Bandai's FB I'm not sure why they're advertising it to the west (or why they bothered with English subtitles in the reveal video) it's like Jim Bowen giving you the "here's what you could have won!". 

If I had £450 to spare (a rough costing based on a 10% buyers fee, shipping and VAT) I think I'd rather spend it on half of a DeAg kit. 

• Like 1

It seems to be a limited run kit and web exclusive to Japan only. Meaning anybody else around the globe would pay -at least 30%- more to get it. There are forwarding sites such as tenso.com which means more shipping&service cost.

A big loss for hlj, if they were not prohibited, they'd sell hundreds (thousands?) of it to US and Europe alone.

I fear if the domestic demand in Japan would digest all the supply resulting in fewer kits available for gray market with double price

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think a little wee just came out! :yahoo::partytime::yahoo: Now all I need is the money to pay for it :hmmm:

And a very good friend in Japan to order it for you!

What is the going rate for a kidney these days?

4 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

And a very good friend in Japan to order it for you!

Yeah, there's that of course <_<

I wonder if Shane from Japan:Cool could secure some for us? :hmmm:

4 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

What is the going rate for a kidney these days?

I think they're measuring it in 1:72 Millennium Falcons :)

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I wonder if Shane from Japan:Cool could secure some for us?

I doubt it, the vendors I know in Japan can only get it through the P-Bandai sites at the 44K Yen cost so Shane would probably be looking at about £450 to make it worth his while even if he could get hold of them.

5 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

I doubt it, the vendors I know in Japan can only get it through the P-Bandai sites at the 44K Yen cost so Shane would probably be looking at about £450 to make it worth his while even if he could get hold of them.

Maybe a silly question but what are P-Bandai sites? I'm pretty sure I get the gist but I'm seeing P-Bandai mentioned a lot recently and not really familiar with the term.