Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

Yes it does! :yahoo: although the old MPC/Airfix one stands up pretty well by comparison when you consider when it was made.  I always thought they looked good, and have one to rebuild, and another to build (or keep in the box for posterity).  The Bandai AT-AT will look nice next to all the other 1:144 kits they're pumping out now.  Wonder when we're going to get a 1:72 U-Wing? :hmmm: There doesn't seem to have been a massive quantity of Rogue One kits hitting the streets of Japan, other than the little stuff, old K2, Tie-Striker and the rebox of the X-Wing.  What's left?  A 1:72 hover tank would be nice, and maybe some of the other mechs that were stalking about Jedha?  Maybe they're spending all their time tooling up kits for the forthcoming Last Jedi?

theres also a pair of battledroids due in June, same guy as came with the STAP air speeder thing, but this time just two droids in red for EpII themes. Very keen on this, love those goofy guys and lot of room to customise

• Like 1

Kaboom - mine's just turned up. Really pleased, and at last I do actually feel like I have got good value for money from the contents of a new released Japanese manufactured kit rather than feeling the annoying Hasegawa / Tamiya robbed and raped feeling.

20170412_160834%20002_zpsvvchjjd1.jpg

20170412_160814%20002_zpsvnk958ub.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Misrule said:

Looking at announcements from Orlando next up would appear to be an imperial Shuttle Tyderium

This is not good news for me - I need to add that to my list of Bandai Star Wars kits I want; just totted up the price on Amazon uk and I already need over £400 and this is without any releases after the AT-AT.  Just watched a build of the AT-AT on YouTube and it looks glorious!

• Like 1

On 01/04/2017 at 10:51 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

Now all you have to do is fix my Vallejo primer clogging woes and my journey to the dark side will be complete

I have never liked using that stuff either, i stick with Halfords car primer. Looking forward to seeing your Gonk built.

• Like 1

Sorted the primer woes! 0.4 needle and nozzle in my H&S Evo, 25psi and just paint at full chat with no thinners. I was trying too hard!  

I still need the new primer though as I'll have to sand the Gonk and Mouse droids.

Speaking of which, the Gonk is going in the back burner for now; I've almost finished my Stormtrooper figure and he is going to be displayed in a room in an imperial area so I'm going to put the Mouse droid in with him.

The Gonk will be displayed with my BB8, but I'm still looking for inspiration with that but before all of this I really need to crack on with my R2 bookend diorama and actually build some more of that. 

Then of course before any of that I MUST sort out the garage and my. Hold and paint a area (i.e. Create one).

busy busy busy. 

• Like 2

Just seen the first sprue shots of the Grevious kit, the moulding of the eyes just blew me away!

2 colour yellow and black with the black as the cat like pupils.

Once I get to a PC I'll post a picture.

12 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Why couldn't Revell use the normal scale (1/72, 1/144) on their kits as Bandai do? Sad that Bandai kits isn't available in Europe...

Well not officially no, but you can import them via evilbay and scAmazon 

Revell seems to be still stuck on that 'Box Scale for SciFi' mentality. This is a carry over from the sixties when scifi movie and TV shows were not considered serious model subjects and buyers should be grateful for whatever they slopped out. FineMolds and Polar Lights/Round 2 finally settles on consistent scales and for once our hobby seemed to be treated seriously.

The sad thing is if Revell only tweeked their sizes just a bit they could fall into a regular scale without any additional cost or a larger box. 

I like displaying subjects next to each other, even from different universes, when they are the same scale. I focus on kits which allow that now