Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

We should probably stop wishing, and go back to concentrating on the kits that we KNOW are coming. :shrug:  We could end up like the Airfix (current_year++) thread :rolleyes:

On 27/01/2017 at 1:25 PM, Madmonk said:

Found another transmitter/receiver unit that will give 600mA so ordered one of those too.

The only issue with the ISD would be the maximum gap you need between the Tx/Rx which is typically 10-20mm so seeing the underside would be difficult.

If you can help me make my nephew's Trade Federation Tank levitate, you will be my favourite person ever!  :pray:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike said:

We should probably stop wishing, and go back to concentrating on the kits that we KNOW are coming. :shrug:  We could end up like the Airfix (current_year++) thread :rolleyes:

So say we all!

(Sorry, wrong franchise!!!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If you can help me make my nephew's Trade Federation Tank levitate, you will be my favourite person ever!  :pray:

That could be an interesting challenge!

On 2/14/2017 at 10:14 PM, Mike said:

I agree. Any news from New York Toy show last weekend ? I couldn't see anything new on a quick YouTube search........Disappointing. Was looking hard for a 1/72 U-Wing but found nothing !!

Anyone know if Bandai typically show stuff at Celebration ?

Edited by Portaler

11 hours ago, Portaler said:

I agree. Any news from New York Toy show last weekend ? I couldn't see anything new on a quick YouTube search........Disappointing. Was looking hard for a 1/72 U-Wing but found nothing !!

Saw the same video and one from the London Toy Show where the person posting the video went on to the Bandai stand were there was no Star Wars items and was told that Bandai don't do Star Wars!  When presented with pictures of all the great kits was then told they don't sell to the UK because the market isn't big enough!  No mention of it really being a licensing issue. 

14 hours ago, Portaler said:

They did have some stuff on show here...

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Toy_Fair_2017_Bluefin_Distribution_Tamashii_Nations_Bandai_Hobby_172640.asp

Nothing new to us but it does at least confirm Bandai is putting the fighter kits out in the US. There was also a look at their BB8 kit somewhere, but I think that was Tokyo.

So, I just got the "Art of Rogue One" book with all the concept art. Was only €20 on Amazon, what a steal. They are so good, infact almost too good as you end up wishing why didn't they add this, or that.

Reinforces my wish though that Bandai do a U-Wing in 1/72 scale to fit with all their other models.

I really recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it and is a Star Wars fan.

• Like 2

On 23/02/2017 at 7:20 PM, Portaler said:

So, I just got the "Art of Rogue One" book with all the concept art.

I was hoping to paint my X-wing as Blue Squadron ala Rogue One is there anything in there to help?

• 3 weeks later...

All very quiet on Britmodeller at the moment. Do Bandai have any typical release windows or times of year where they release more product ?

Do they take advantage of Star Wars Celebration for example ?  That is coming up in a few weeks.

There doesn't appear to be any science behind Bandai's releases, some seem to have a long known lead time then others like the 1/6 Yoda just appear out of the blue.

As Bandia have only just started to allow a small number of kits to be officially sold in the US I doubt there will be anything released at Celebration. 

The he next big one for me is the AT-AT.

Don't forget they will be doing there bit for the Sept release of 'The Last Jedi' merchandise which could effect kit development in the next few months as they like to have some of that stuff ready in the shops ahead of the Movie release in December.

• Like 1

Looks like the next kits are re-releases with a tweak. The SNowspeeder is back but this time the 1/48 is packed with a 1/144 version, and Slave 1 is back but in Jango Fett markings from the prequels. After that there is a 1/144 Jedi fighter out in the mecha scale kits, looks like the triangular Episode II version to match Jango's Slave 1

There is only one left!!! JPG won't be doing any more until July time so I could always bring you one to Driffield later in the year if you go to that show, I can do you a payment plan as well!!  :lol:

You are a BAD Man tempting me like this. And Driff is not far from me either. I'd better say no though as Mrs Chief Smeg will not be impressed if I go and buy this. 

Many thanks for the offer though. I'll be coming to Driffield show though so I'll say hi. 

• Like 1

And he arrived this morning - excellent service. Many thanks indeed Warren.

Now all you have to do is fix my Vallejo primer clogging woes and my journey to the dark side will be complete

• Like 1

Now all you have to do is fix my Vallejo primer clogging woes and my journey to the dark side will be complete

I had the same issue with Vallejo primer when I tried it so stuck with the Alclad primer I generally use!

Is the Gonk built yet!