Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

3 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

It would have been nice to see it in 1/12 first though

Andy

From what i can tell it is in 1/6 & 1/12 too, the title of the page says 1/6 thou, so it could be a typo, heres a translation:

【Product】
· Special Dispel 2 ×
Head 2 kinds (髪 reproduction × 1, head reproduction × 1)
· イ イ ト セ ー バ ー × 2 (handle state · light blade development state)
· Handspike × 5 (tie × 2 · arms holding hand × 2 · left stick holding hand × 1)
⋅ ⋅ × 1 ⋅ 1/12 scale (EP5) × 1

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BobSolo said:

From what i can tell it is in 1/6 & 1/12 too, the title of the page says 1/6 thou, so it could be a typo, heres a translation:

If you get both in the box, it will make a great combo kit. I'd given up on google translate as it was making such a pig's ear of it, so I didn't read it in full.

I suppose they couldn't really offer a 1/12 Yoda on his own, although they could have packaged him with R2 for a Dagobah scene.

Andy

• Like 1

This is what it also translated:

" 1/12 Yoda comes with set included
- Yoda of episode 5 version which is popular from classical fans is attached with fixed pose model of 1/12 scale conscious of the alignment with R2 - D2."

So from that i would say theres a 1/6 Yoda with a bonus fixed pose 1/12 for posing with R2 if you wanted too. For extra effect you can also swing him round on a bit of string fighting Dooku. For 3000 Yen / £21 thats going straight in my collection.

• Like 1

The base is a magnetic levitation display unit, I've managed to find one that will hold up about 400g so will be playing with that when it arrives.

There are charging devices for mobiles, speakers etc that allow you to just place the device on the charger without pluging it in.  A quick search on ebay found a device that will give 150mA as a wireless connection, so should be able to run 6-7 LEDs and cost about £7!!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

The base is a magnetic levitation display unit, I've managed to find one that will hold up about 400g so will be playing with that when it arrives.

There are charging devices for mobiles, speakers etc that allow you to just place the device on the charger without pluging it in.  A quick search on ebay found a device that will give 150mA as a wireless connection, so should be able to run 6-7 LEDs and cost about £7!!

can you run multiple ones of these? I'm thinking of the Zvezda SD is all and how many LED's that's going to use to light - maybe 10 > 15 (?)

• Like 1

Use the 6/7 led cluster to drive a bundle of optic fibres, your not going to be needing full led's for anything other than the engines on the SD.

Edited by andygif290368

Found another transmitter/receiver unit that will give 600mA so ordered one of those too.

The only issue with the ISD would be the maximum gap you need between the Tx/Rx which is typically 10-20mm so seeing the underside would be difficult.

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

I can achieve the same effect with 2 pieces of invisible mending thread for a fraction of a penny ;)  All you have to do is squint :nerd:

I can usually self levitate after a bowl of sprouts, though the smell is a bit off putting!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Madmonk said:

You have to do a build log of this!

• Like 2

Hat tip to edge10 on therpf.com

Pics of AT-AT, Yoda, BB-8, U-wing & TIE Striker test shot and mini TIE test shot:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/323669/

BB-8 is just under £105 and the U-wing is so detailed for the scale, im hoping Bandai make a 1/72 U wing as i would definately buy that in a heartbeat! AT-AT comes with Pilots!

Edited by BobSolo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

You have to do a build log of this!

I second that - I too want someone else to do all the hard work up front so that I can cruise in and make one a lot easier. 

I had had seen this done with a land Speeder model and wondered how it was done, but I'm a "Clanky" not a "Sparky" so this is going to be hard for me to work out: unless of course Madmonk makes us all forever grateful!

• Like 2

I've just ordered a smaller version of the display base to play around with some of the Bandai box scale kits!!!

2 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

I had had seen this done with a land Speeder model and wondered how it was done, but I'm a "Clanky" not a "Sparky" so this is going to be hard for me to work out: unless of course Madmonk makes us all forever grateful!

There's not much to it Chief, the base is fully built and you should just need to build the metal 'float' into your kit.  The wireless power supply should be as simple as wiring the LEDs on the model to the receiver and applying power to the transmitter.  That's what I'm hoping anyway!

• Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 0:24 PM, Madmonk said:

Where did you find your base unit? Been looking and can't find anything for a reasonable price

• Like 1

Coming soon from a galaxy far, far, away.......

The ultimate base for your box scale Star Destroyer, Mini Cheddar, sorry Jedha

Mini%20Jedha%202_zpssajhu0zu.jpg

Mini%20Jedha%201_zpsyy6o9j2f.jpg

Mastered by Biro Peter and produced by JPG Productions this solid resin casting comes with a 1/8" clear acrylic rod to support your ISD.

I have 20 coming from JPG on the next delivery which should be leaving the US on Tuesday, unless Trump does something silly like stop all parcels leaving the States!!

• Like 8