AEC Matador and 5.5" Gun 1:76

ComMander

Hi all!

This is my first model for a long time: the roof housing doesnt quite line up, but luckily you cant tell. Also it doesn't quite sit flush on its wheels so a piece must have got bent.

Any advice for cleaning the flash without taking the tread from the tyres?

10446269_969384720322_472309808568158280

• 1 month later...

I'd use a sanding block - the grey ones from the pound shop. They come in various grades so be sure to get a fine one! They are an invaluable tool as are nail sanders from Wilco. They are far easier to sand whilst off the model. You can also add a flat spot for the weight of the vehicle. I'd pop them on a cocktail stick, a quick coat of flat black, dry brush with panzer grey and a wash with khaki. If it is running on a road dry brush just the tread with flat black. Paint and weather the hubs before adding. Good luck with your build.

Or buy the superior offerings from Milicast etc? Airfix do not seem to have their 1/76 range as a priority of any kind - and there are ones in the range more in need of an upgrade than the Matador. Larger tyres would help, such as the ones on the AEC bowser. The Matador tyres can be used on the old QL (though deeper springs are required to get them in the wheel arches).