- XUNG-TONG DB3/IL4 - 1/48 - VVS

Very well finished, and an interesting subject. I particularly like the thoughtful application of the worn paintwork, it is just how and where you would expect to see it considering the crew's access to enter the aircraft.

Edited by Rob 1
  • Like 1

- Well, this kit is a strange one ,as it is a mixture of seventies modelling and nowadays state of art. All in all it is a good kit which requires very little putty, the assembly fit very well the plastic is nice to work on. There is a host of very small should I say tiny parts to be put together with care ,but once done, the result is very nice, mostly on both turret, on the other end, and here we reach back to the seventies, the nose glazing is the kind we had found on state of art of those happy days.It consist of two thick clear plastic parts to be cemented from the inside of the fuselage halves to fit each small windows,it is easy to do but the result is not wonderfull, to help this I used soliQ clear resin.Owing to the stndard of the kit it should have been better to have two entirely clear nose halves

- Another problem comes with the notice, there is two versions possible but it is difficult to sort one from the other, which may inevitably lead to some mistakes.

- The possibility of choice of the weaponery is very good, three types of torpedo, rocketts, bombs of different size and even the huge air dropped sea mine.

- I took a great pleasure to built this kit it just requires some attention and care ,.nothing impossible to cope with. The size of some parts should be a challenge for the less experimented of us but it is a must in a VVS machine collection.

• Like 2

Outstanding build!

You should be damn proud of it!!! A pleasure to behold.

Well done

JR

Brilliant build! In terms of numbers built and how it was used, the Il-4 it was the Soviet equivalent of the He-111. Unfortunately for dedicated VVS modellers such as myself, the Il-4 is indeed an obscure or unusual subject in kit form, this being the first 1/48th scale IM kit I'm aware of. To date, there is still no good 1/72nd scale kit of this important aeroplane. It would be nice to see Xuntong downscale this to 1/72nd scale as it does look to be a nice kit, and certainly builds up into a beautiful model in the right hands, such as IPMS19's.

Regards,

Jason

IPMS 19.

I looked at your STUPENDOUS build and immediately thought :wow: It reminds ME of

Those once shiny WINGY THINGY that flew elegantly and ended up in those Rissian Aircarft Graveyards left to rot !

SUPERBLY weathered .. Masterfully crafted and simply A GORGEOUS build in its unique way.. :goodjob:

:worthy::worthy::worthy: