Classic Publications book Ju88 Part 2

Rodders

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has the above book. i was very kindly sent an Hasegawa JU188 in 1/72nd but i have no references. We've managed to save some money for Christmas and if anyone has the book, whether there is good data on the 188 included because it mentions it in the description. ie. Cockpit details, etc. or is part one better.

Thanks for any help.

Rodders.

Hi, yes I've both Vols. I would say if you're buying any volume solely for a modelling reference then I wouldn't bother. Both are lacking in detailed photos such as cockpit pics. There are a few in Vol 1 but hardly any such pics in Vol 2. As the sub title of vol 2 says, it is more of an operational history of the type and even then does not include the Ju88's Nightfighter role. There is mention in the introduction that there is a third Vol under consideration that will cover that.

Tim.

yes, that particular volume (Me 163 Vol I) and the JV 44 volume do - mainly because they can't easily be reprinted, whereas the Me 262 (vols 2 & 3) & Horten volumes have been recently. Its a rather sad commentary on the state of niche book publishing that the recent He 111 title appears as a single stand-alone book and not a multi-volume series

Why, just out of interest?

Thanks,

Andy

Because the microfilm the original script is written on has disintegrated so unless someone completely re writes them they won't ever be reprinted, the same goes with the Hs129 & Mistel book. That is the reason I've been told.

Crecy who have bough the Classic name are considering re printing all the volumes that can be done.

Tim.

Edited by tank152
  • Like 3

Because the microfilm the original script is written on has disintegrated so unless someone completely re writes them they won't ever be reprinted, the same goes with the Hs129 & Mistel book. That is the reason I've been told.

Crecy who have bough the Classic name are considering re printing all the volumes that can be done.

Tim.

Thanks for that info. Glad I have all these already.

Regards,

Andy