Ferrari 458 Italia. Revell 1/24.

Well it draws near, the final bits...

Well, last night I got the tailgate fitted.

TGF%201_zpszvhvpkq0.jpg

TGF%202_zps14q0sfwg.jpg

Left to set.

This morning I fixed the cabin into place and the wing mirrors.

CF%201_zpsimxufb6y.jpg

I have just now fitted the two halves together and spot the mistake.

TG%201_zpsltjvyuei.jpg

TG%203_zpsukzhwkjl.jpg

TG%204_zpsm6eeqz7j.jpg

Yes folks, the tailgate, the outer edges have a decal to go on , but they are a different colour to what I sprayed...

Oh s***, that is life.

I am going to leave it for now, and let things set.

All comments welcome.

Simon.

• Like 2

Thanks for that Mike, will put them on later.

Here are a couple of shots of the car as she stands.

OUSA%201_zpsovofofki.jpg

OUAS%203_zps9w1hah6w.jpg

And one of the back.

TG%2010_zpshkxaw9yp.jpg

Some touch up`s now needed but it is done til the new screen arrives.

All comments welcome,

Simon.

• Like 3

Please explain the bleaching? I got the twin Ferrari set from revell (there are other stashed items too) that suffer from the pre chromed thing.

Is it just a case of dunk and rinse?

Please explain the bleaching? I got the twin Ferrari set from revell (there are other stashed items too) that suffer from the pre chromed thing.

Is it just a case of dunk and rinse?

In such a sense sir. just use thin bleach to cover the pieces placed in an old container, and keep an eye on them.

Don`t expect it to happen in seconds but once they are done give them a warm soapy wash and rinse with clean warm water and allow to dry.

The bleach should not effect the plastic but you can always test on a piece of scrap sprue...

Simon.

In such a sense sir. just use thin bleach to cover the pieces placed in an old container, and keep an eye on them.

Don`t expect it to happen in seconds but once they are done give them a warm soapy wash and rinse with clean warm water and allow to dry.

The bleach should not effect the plastic but you can always test on a piece of scrap sprue...

Simon.

Cheers!

It's possible, but it's a monumental pain in the *. As I remember, HD includes both a socket on the wheel to take a Fujimi style polycap, and a pin that fits into it to replicate a Tamiya fixing where the polycap is in the wheel carrier instead. Your best bet (I think) is to fix the pin to the wheel, Tamiya style, and then glue the brake disc parts (38, 41, 44 and 47) to the fixed wheel carriers (16,17, 26, 27), and finally, after it's set solid, drill through the centres of the whole thing to take the pin on the wheel. You may need to add some washer-like shims inside the wheels to get them to sit in the right position inboard/outboard. If you're feeling really flashy, you could drill the hole for the pin all the way through, and then user a larger bit to bore out the hole in the brake disk just deep enough to take a polycap. It also worth checking with references that following Revell's instructions for fitting the brake discs will leave the brake callipers in the correct position. There's definitely one of these newer Revell Ferrari kits that I've built that, if you follow the instructions, would end up with the callipers at the back of both front and rear wheels, rather than towards the middle of the car as they should be (front brake callipers at the back of the disc, rear callipers at the front). Unfortunately, since I've built most of them, I can't remember which one it was!

All the best,

M.

Edited by cmatthewbacon
  • Like 1

Well Nigel and Homer, as per norm, I have a few builds on the go.

The good lady Rose, has told me to finish off what has been started.

OK, fare play..... 1 Tiger Moth, 1 Skyhawk A 4, P 47 D, F 84 E.

But it does not stop me from thinking ahead.

Shaun (shood23) did a great build of the Porsche 956 in Taka livery.

Based on the Tamiya Newman Kit.

Well I have this kit in my stash, and having got the bug for cars have decided this will be my next project

Built OOB except for seat-belts , a first for me.

My skills do not extend to scratch building yet, but there will come a time though.

Cheers all.

Simon.

• Like 1

OK then, on with the show.

Gave the windscreen a coat of semi gloss black around the surround.

Could not resist a quick dry fit peek.

WDF%202_zpsc7ksvfok.jpg

As for the back end???

How to prepare..

TAIL%20DECAL%201_zpskxbokftz.jpg

And afterwards.

TAIL%20DECAL%202_zpst5g2sq3h.jpg

This will be all on this thread, as with only a couple of things left to do, I will post her in RFI tomorrow, hopefully.

All comments welcome.

Simon.

• Like 4