Zambia Airways DC-8-71 (Minicraft 1/144)

Well, my long term relationship with the DC-8 family has finally come to an end with my Zambia Airways DC-8-71. (Special thanks to Keefr22 for letting me have the engines on the never-return basis - now I've just got to convince him to let me have his unwanted C-17 on the same loan scheme :bleh: .)

Markings came from 26Decals sheet 144-145.

jCD40EQ.jpg

TB70EZu.jpg

CckzCXI.jpg

EZ4vcDa.jpg

ts0FuOd.jpg

and here's the whole "Famn Damily" built over the last year and a half :

Smg80HO.jpg

(Apologies for the quality of the photos - seasonal disorder struck big time with the lighting !)

Thanks for looking.

mike

• Like 10

She's a beaut! Your usual perfect attention to detail showing.

Five DC-8's and four different engine types in your collection I see. Nice diversity.

( Let me know if you ever need more of those engines - I have been making the older DC-8's, leaving me with some spares in that dept. )

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

That's an impressive collection you have Mike.

All turned out well in the end, and I've thoroughly enjoyed your works in progress.

Particular favourite livery for me is the Air Afrique, though having said that, a DC-8 looks good whatever scheme it wears.

Thanks for posting.

Chris.

• Like 2

Wonderful!

Stunning work.

The Dc-8 is such an elegant airframe. And still in service today - i believe there are 4 times as many Dc-8s still in commercial service compared with the 707 despite more than twice as many 707s being built. What a great plane.

• Like 1

What a beauty .... and what an amazing family of eights. Those power plants on the Zambian lady most definitely look the business.

Your work has certainly made my mind up to get on with the B720 after my course next month. I hope you don't mind me asking but what paint do you use for the fuselage white? It looks spot on and it is not one of the easiest colours to put down.

Once again a stunning job Mike. :goodjob:

Mark

• Like 1

...I have been making the older DC-8's.......

Cheers,

Mike

We need photographic evidence Mike !

Starving to see some more of your work on RFI.....and soon ! :coolio:

What a beauty .... and what an amazing family of eights. Those power plants on the Zambian lady most definitely look the business.

Your work has certainly made my mind up to get on with the B720 after my course next month. I hope you don't mind me asking but what paint do you use for the fuselage white? It looks spot on and it is not one of the easiest colours to put down.

Once again a stunning job Mike. :goodjob:

Mark

Cheers Mark. The white is Halfords Gloss Appliance white in a rattle can. It's brilliant when you get it right but I have a nasty tendency to keep on spraying until the paint eventually runs :doh:

Looking forward to seeing your B720 but there's no rush. Put the kit away and focus on your course - looking forward to a positive outcome.

Best Regards

mike

Sorry Mike, missed this - probably due to being overwhelmed by seeing it for real on Wednesday!! They're all absolute stunners, really are better in real life than your excellent pics even show! Glad the engines have been put to good use! C-17? What C-17,,,,,,??!!

• Like 1