Profil 24 1/24 Maserati 450S

PC2012

Thanks for your imput chaps. I am trying the method using new stanley blades. I've nailed the leather to a board to keep it tight. I still may try and paint the seats... I'll see how the leather turns out first. I have the floor pan fitted but not gluied yet (just wanted a last minute check). I've also finished the pedels and gear stick (but I may delay gluing the gearstick until the seats are sorted. I gace the floorpan a very light wash... difficult to see but just enough to highlight the bolts... moew soon hopefully. Once again thsnks for all those you have given advice, or posted.. :)

panon_zpsfbrvkthz.jpg

• Like 1

. I gave the floorpan a very light wash... difficult to see but just enough to highlight the bolts...

That's the perfect way; subtle makes it look natural so the viewer can't figure why it looks so life-like.

Excellent work throughout PC.

I really wish you'd bring your skills to 1/8 scale; it would be cake for you.

Thanks Codger. I really would like to do a 1/8th scale but at the present time it is beyond what I can afford. Maybe in the future, I'll have to keep a lookout on ebay or something. Just test fitting the body to the floorpan. It seems to fit well. The bulkhead in the engine bay looks alright and the fit on the inside looks good. I'll glue it tonight. I know it seems a little boring to constantly check the fitting of parts, but I've learnt it saves a lot of time in the long run :)

bulk1_zpsunmzrj2u.jpg

bulk2_zpsyw6vqd4n.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Codger, is it really that bad? I'm not so worried about me, my dog has Laryngeal paralysis and has difficulty breathing and I don't want the dust in the air. Would it work do you think, to get a bowl of water, sand and dip to keep it wet?

Hi Codger, is it really that bad? I'm not so worried about me, my dog has Laryngeal paralysis and has difficulty breathing and I don't want the dust in the air. Would it work do you think, to get a bowl of water, sand and dip to keep it wet?

Listen, it's not something you should take lightly when it's so easy to do safely. Yes it's that bad. For decades I did 1:1 work with resins, paints, thinners and race fuel. I should have known then what I do now. It WILL catch up with me.

Get a GOOD mask, with twin snorkel filters for particles. Not the rag-on-your-nose types.They're worth the money and you'll surely do more resin models.

Sand in an area that's easy to clean up and where your dog / kids / wife won't go. Wet sanding is fine-but not on the dining room table....

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have a project on at work and it's been taking up all of my spare time! I'm off now for a couple of weeks, so am actually going do some modelling today. I'll post something a.s.a.p. Thanks for the comments everyone :) It will be nice for me to make some more progress on this build...

At long last. I've got one seat done. I tried to use real leather but couldn't get it to work. Maybe it's the scale but I could only thin it so much before it split. Anyway, I painted it in the end. Never tried painting leather before and found it quite difficult but it's the best I could do. I'm just masking the other one ready for the first black gloss coat on the back. Hopefully I'll have it done in a couple of days.

se1_zpsvoptdvfi.jpg

se2_zpshvzlnu9z.jpg

se3_zpshq82ozxa.jpg

se4_zpsog1qla10.jpg

Thanks Codger. Actually it doesn't look too bad in RL. I don't know if the back of the seats were polished like that either but I think I'm allowed some artisic licence :) I have been looking at your build but never know what to say.... I just sort of stare, awestruck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Codger. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to re-sand and fill it, to get it looking right. I was thinking of getting some 1/24 seat belts. I don't know what they would have used in the 50's, maybe aircraft fabric belts? What do you think?

Thanks Codger. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to re-sand and fill it, to get it looking right. I was thinking of getting some 1/24 seat belts. I don't know what they would have used in the 50's, maybe aircraft fabric belts? What do you think?

Limey may be right, but you can't go wrong adding laps only.

You can buy 1/24 prop fighter belts from Edouard but the cheapest way is more fun.

Make them from surgical tape; an 1/8 wide strip gives you a scale 3" belt. With your skills, the buckle and tongue should be cake.

Search 'Ray Brown seat belts' for authentic reference.