Profil 24 1/24 Maserati 450S

PC2012

Harvey, thanks for that, that seems to make sense. I'll give it a go once I work up enough courage to try it 😐 😀

Sharknose lol, tell you what I can show it next to my 1/12 McLaren engine, that will finally put paid to the rumors that it's not a 1/24 haha 😁😁

Yes, Harv's way is worth a try. I was going to say to rest its bottom edge on Scotch tape and dip it - similar to Harvey but he actually pours. Either way is worth a try and iso will remove it if needed.

Thank you, means a lot to me. I'm still working up the courage to finish it. I've been carefully sanding down today. I need some iso in case things go wrong. Then I'll read and re-read the advice both of you have given me....then..

• Like 2

If all of that 'damage' is just run-off from Future, a soak in vinegar or iso and rubbing with fingers will get it back. Then a careful re-dip. I was afraid it was actual sanding scratches and wondered why you'd do that.

All excellent suggestions from the boys. Maybe practice on a scrap model windscreen or aircraft canopies,  the Future dipping technique. Can even apply and practice the removal tips before getting to the precious Maser part.

All is not lost PC !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PC2012 said:

Thank you gent's. I'll try when I get home. Then start again. I was actually thinking of brushing the future on? I'll try it then get back to you.

Can be done but not as cleanly as dipped...

You CAN try cutting the Future maybe 1/3 with iso to thin it, so it wicks off the part more easily without a heavy drop.

These are reasons I suggested practice on canopies and other scrap model parts.

1 hour ago, PC2012 said:

Ron, is that instead of dipping it in future?

Yes mate....you may have to do it twice tho....apply with the tip of your finger...let it go cloudy...then gently buff with the softest cloth (a cotton tshirt) until it goes clear again....don't use kitchen towel as it will scratch! (as will any paper towel).

Ron

• Like 1