Firing up the crystal ball...Wingnut Wings 2015 releases

HMSLion

Just for entertainment, I thought I'd take a guess at WnW releases for 2015.

2014 was The Year of German Two-Seaters. I'm betting 2015 will be The Year of Allied Two-Seaters. Meaning:

1. Be2c. Fits in perfectly with the Great War Centennial.

2. Armstrong-Whitworth FK8. Perfect WnW subject, it's a major type and nobody hears about it.

3. Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter. Another major 2-seat type.

4. Possibly a Breugret 14.

5. Se-5a with Viper engine.

Thoughts?

They state on their website that the AEG G.IV will be out sometime in January-February. And I quote:

"Unfortunately tooling problems and production delays mean that this model will now be released in January or February 2015."

Other than that, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess. Except I would not be surprised to see them do an Apple and announce "One More Thing." after the Christmas cut off dates. I seem to recall they did that last year with the DH.9. Or maybe the W.12 was the special, and the schedule got moved around because of the delay with the AEG.

A.

Well, after the involvement of Kiwiland in building a couple of BE2E's I would not be suprised to see one/some of this series appearing in the not too distant future.

A much underrated type and, although not as exotic or colourful as other types, not without its charms.

IIRC the company that built them may have some connection to Sir Peter.

Otherwise, lets wait and see! :popcorn: (Fingers crossed for a Felixstowe, Hanriot or and Italian seaplane fighter).

Christian the Married and exiled to africa

1/24th Defiant...oops sorry wrong thread!

To be honest what ever it is I will buy one ( cant help myself) but some French or maybe more offbeat, Austo-Hungarian, Russian or Italian aircraft would be good.

I know I repeat myself - but maybe it helps...

Space 1999 Eagle 22" (they could do extra conversion sets for boosters and different pods too)

A retooled 1:72 Concorde without stupid gimmicks of a 60s era kit.

Morris Minor family in 1:32

Tiger Moth in 1:48 (something not unlikely - so I can praise myself when they release it)

Supermarine Scimitar in 1:48 (see Tiger Moth - plus I can use the Aftermarket cockit and wheel well sets that will then be released on my Falcon kit)

Soviet N-1 moon rocket to give the Saturn V some company (the real dark horse in my list)

A retooled Space Shuttle with nice surface structure

Their ground equipment sets in 1:48

Victor in 1:72

HP Hampden in 1:48

And finally the Spitfire Mk XIV low and high back in 1:48 (OK and 1:72 too)

:pray:

I know I repeat myself - but maybe it helps...

Space 1999 Eagle 22" (they could do extra conversion sets for boosters and different pods too)

A retooled 1:72 Concorde without stupid gimmicks of a 60s era kit.

Morris Minor family in 1:32

Tiger Moth in 1:48 (something not unlikely - so I can praise myself when they release it)

Supermarine Scimitar in 1:48 (see Tiger Moth - plus I can use the Aftermarket cockit and wheel well sets that will then be released on my Falcon kit)

Soviet N-1 moon rocket to give the Saturn V some company (the real dark horse in my list)

A retooled Space Shuttle with nice surface structure

Their ground equipment sets in 1:48

Victor in 1:72

HP Hampden in 1:48

And finally the Spitfire Mk XIV low and high back in 1:48 (OK and 1:72 too)

:pray:

So, which of the above do you believe to be from WWI, exactly?

Paul.

• Like 1

A Viper engined SE.5a is a certainty, as is a BE.2 of some variant. But then again, I never saw the Hansa Brandenburg W.12 coming, so what do I know?

A Felixstowe would be superb. As they've done the Gotha & AEG G.IV, it's certainly possible, and the possible paint schemes, for a British aircraft, are amazing. I'd buy one.

So, which of the above do you believe to be from WWI, exactly?

Paul.

:banghead: I just froze when I realized what I did - I thought I had opend a window with what should come from Airfix :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I think I actually had because this here looks a bit different that what I had in mind. I probably closed the Airfix window by mistake and created this blunder here. Sorry!

Rene

:banghead: I just froze when I realized what I did - I thought I had opend a window with what should come from Airfix :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I think I actually had because this here looks a bit different that what I had in mind. I probably closed the Airfix window by mistake and created this blunder here. Sorry!

Rene

I thought it was funny!

• Like 1

I'm hoping to see them produce the Ansaldo SVA.5, Hanriot HD.1, Vickers F.B.1 'Gunbus' and Halberstadt D.II before I get too old...

Vince

The SVA5 would look good with this: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.699254476837828.1073741865.377520989011180&type=1, the Balilla from the same stable.

And if WNW refuse to do me an FK8, I'll happily make do with an FB5.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Thompson

OK - this time I know where I am and I say:

Wingnut Wings should go Zoukei Mura and release all their kits as a downscaled version in 1:48 too.

And in 1:32:

- Fokker DR.1

- Sopwith Camel

- Spad XIII

- Junkers D.I

Glad I could contribute in the end ;-)

Rene

You know that there's a poll going on over at the WnW sub-site at Large Scale Modeller?! They say that WnW will be listening to their fans' wishes... So, have a look and post your wishes there too!

Edited by RHWinter

looks like we've got a Camel coming as well, copied from the LSM poll....oh happy days

Some time ago WnW said the they will do a Sopwith Camel.

I just received a message form Richard Alexander tell me that all votes for the Camel are a wasted because WnW will do it!!

So stop voting on the Camel. We will have a WnW Camel! J

1 & ½ Strutter, please; an important aircraft that you don't often see modelled.

Then start moving into Interwar stuff and give us some really bonkers machines like the Bison, Sidestrand and Overstrand!

• Like 2