Bloch 210 Verdun, Heller 1/72, Spanish Civil War

JWM

Hi

The are pretty, less pretty, ugly airplanes and Bloch bombers... The Bloch 210 and his precursor, Bloch 200 were really not nice looking airplanes. However, a kind of Art Deco aesthetics someone can notice here, especially for Bloch 210.

Regarding construction of model I made some improvments in engines, propellers (original were to narrow) and I added landing lights. The markings are from Republicans of Spanish Civil War, I have note that it comes from 1937. This was one of the longiest wait for constructing in my stash. I bought this kit in 1974, in a very short time when Heller kits were available in Poland of those days. And I made this model in ... 2004! Thirty years!

bloch 210 DSC02779bloch 210 DSC02775bloch 210 DSC02776bloch 210 DSC02777bloch 210 DSC02778

I hope you enjoy it, but any comments welcomed!

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 39

Hi Jerzy!!!

I am begining to think that you have many jewels in your Stash/showcases,......this one is a nice looking and very rare for today standards, as those Heller kits are so rare as gold dust these days and reaching many many times their original price. I liked this one, the version you chose and the finish you got, a real showstopper in any exhibition or contest and sure a best in show/ first price winner as the Potez 540.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Great build of a desperately ugly aircraft. You almost feel sorry for it. It's the kind of design a seven year old would come up with when you ask them to draw a picture of a bomber. I admire your charity in building it.

Watching one of things fly must have been like watching a dog walk on it's hind legs. It's never done very well, but you're surprised to see it done at all.

Edited by Dave Wilson
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Thank you Dave and Kira666 for comments.

The model of Alain Bernhardt in link is just unbelivable! A true masterpiece...Thank you for this link Kira666 :)

• Like 1

Thank you Kira 666 for the link and correction of author's name. I met this web page some time ago - when I was searching for WWII French Far East paintings schemes - nice, with all red tails. Regarding my French - "I can read, but I do not understand" :) - I can rather guess something...

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Very unusual model. It looks a bit of a monster. Well built.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

These old Heller kits are really something else.  For all of their faults, they always seem to build into a unique and iconic bird, especially those from between the wars--the most interesting of French designs.  Yours is no exception Jerzy.  

I am about to finish up an old Heller French SBC-4 Helldiver...

• Like 2

Gents, many thanks for your comments. 

2 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I am about to finish up an old Heller French SBC-4 Helldiver...

John, I like that biplane, it is a very nice kit. I have this one on my shelvs done some 37-39 years ago, but without riging ... I  am planning to made small adment to it, especially add riging....Then I hope to post it also.

Cheers

J-W

• 1 year later...

Hi My Friend Jerzy!!!

After a long long time enjoying to watch your nice build, finally four years later to this date I have got my kit in a something bizarre way...was offered some kits from one friend who is thinning his stash and was getting rid of them...  He called me by phone on Tuesday offering some kits that he doesn't want to fall in bad hands...so after I told him what I wanted and he told me what he can offer...he told me this beautiful words:  "I have a box with a Heller Bloch 210, you want it???"...and then  on Saturday we  met in McDonald's to take lunch at 7:00 A M to talk and share good time and at 11:30 we went to his car and began to extract the jewels he brought and ended with 14 new boxes that I have to pay as I can and between them came the nice model. For sure when I will build mine will ask for your great savvy advice.... BTW, the kit has no bombs, and to build one like yours was wondering which kit will be the right donor to get the bombs and shackles to make this interesting machine.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind answer!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Hi Luis Alphonso!

Great that you get them, 

2 hours ago, Luis Alfonso said:

the kit has no bombs, and to build one like yours was wondering which kit will be the right donor to get the bombs and shackles to make this interesting machine.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind answer!!!

This is a difficlut question.... Sorry, but I do not remember, it was in early 2004.... I added also bombs to Amiot 143 (some 40 years ago) and to Potez 540.( in 2001) .

I made more important difference from box - the props and likely also cowlings are changed. I was suggested by such photo:

bloch-210-n-06-jpg.130151

Below is photo exactly of Spanish Bloch 210

marcel-bloch-mb-210-004-jpg.124539

The Heller kit does not have those fairings behind spinners AFAIR.

More here

http://www.oocities.org/red_spain/blochf.htm

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1