AModel DH Comet 4B

26Decals

Why a Comet 4B? You are limited to BEA, Olympic Airways,Channel Airways and Dan Air. A Comet 4C would give far more livery options.

I think there are as many injection kits of the 4B as all the others put together!!

An observation: Their Avro 504K has a remarkable similarity to the Airfix kit. Just saying.....

Edited by Dave Fleming

I think there are as many injection kits of the 4B as all the others put together!!

An observation: Their Avro 504K has a remarkable similarity to the Airfix kit. Just saying.....

Not being a military aircraft fan I hadn't thought of that..... :wicked:

I suppose the upside is that if their 4B turns out to be, let us say, heavily influenced by the Airfix kit, Ray Charles's excellent 4C wingtips will fit it nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Because they are great liveries particularly the Olympic and Channel ones

Marty...

Unless I'm much mistaken the Channel Airways livery was the Olympic livery with the rings and a few other bits painted out

Unless I'm much mistaken the Channel Airways livery was the Olympic livery with the rings and a few other bits painted out

Like so....

SAM_0007_zps735c2c85.jpg

I would have posted the picture yesterday but I only finished stringing the aerials this morning. She still needs a bit of weathering and some satin varnish on the fin.

Edited by Skodadriver
  • Like 3

That's point. For the record Olympic Comets were actually BEA but flew with Olympic livery, they even flew with BEA crews.

Marty...

According to several sources SX-DAK, SX-DAL and SX-DAO were delivered new to Olympic in 1960 and not sold to BEA until 1969. SX-DAN (G-APZM) was leased from BEA between 1960 and 1969. G-ARJL was also leased from 1964-1969 and appears to have kept its British registration. There was a high level of co-operation between BEA and Olympic with BEA providing technical support, maintenance and crew training but of the five aircraft Olympic operated three were their own.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got a picture of a Comet in Channel A/W scheme? I've image googled and can't find any and I can't remember seeing one either.

Marty Hopkirk was a ghost. Deceased, Bereft of life,an ex human.If he hadn't been nailed to the perch...........Sorry,Sorry. I got carried away.

• Haha 1

G-APMB was ex-BEA and clearly still has its BEA cheatline with the red squares painted out. I may have got Marty wrong but my impression was that he claimed to have flown on a Comet in the proper Channel livery, i.e. gold tail like this Trident: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5794254

If any such aircraft existed it appears never to have been photographed unless Marty knows otherwise ....