1/32 Spitfire PR XI

ad70

Here is my Tamiya Spitfire Mk VIII converted into a PR XI with the help of Alley Cat conversion set. Really enjoyed this build and is my first completed work I have put up here so your comments and critism would be most welcome.

DSCN1255_zpsfcec8d5e.jpg

DSCN1258_zps33c527c4.jpg

DSCN1253_zps2f615a20.jpg

DSCN1252_zps24593cae.jpg

• Like 22

Beautifully executed thoroughbred Spit! Especially, the subtle weathering that makes the single colour livery come to life.

And the elevators have that typical droop down attitude of a parked Spitfire.

I suppose you're trying to tease us with the cockpit hatch crowbar, aren't you? ;-) It should be in natural steel or painted green – red crowbar is strictly post-war… :hobbyhorse:

Thoroughly impressive modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Ad:

Great build, this one deserves a special place in your showcase as I'm sure this one will be a nice showstopper inthe middle of the Modern jets crowded sea of models in any eshibition or contest, as looks like a sure first place winner. Lovely work in all and this weathering gets the very best of the plane excelling the present details as it should be. This one should deserve to be replicated in my scale.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Very nice - it's just looking right.

I like this blue painted recon Spitfires.

What Color did you use (brand and tone)?

Well done.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by WildeSau75

Here is my Tamiya Spitfire Mk VIII converted into a PR XI with the help of Alley Cat conversion set. Really enjoyed this build and is my first completed work I have put up here so your comments and critism would be most welcome.

DSCN1253_zps2f615a20.jpg

The build is superb, I was puzzled by the markings.

This is a SEAC plane, why does it have C1 type roundels? .....

so I hit google...and got this

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234969627-spitfire-memorial/

Ah.....

.PL951.jpg

Interesting scheme indeed. Hope my puzzlement is of use to other readers.

worryingly I even have copy of the book, and this had never registered! Great book, far more information in than the title may suggest.

Cheers

T

• Like 1