Gloster Javelin FAW9/9R: Airfix 1:48 (A12007)

Airfix 1:48 Gloster Javelin FAW9/9R (A12007)

No.33 Squadron, RAF Middleton St George, County Durham, England, 1962.

My attempt at this great kit, I cannot remember a single part that did not fit exactly where and how it was supposed to. I encountered some small issues with a few of the decals, but nothing insurmountable.

Brush painted with Humbrol enamels and the only thing I added were some ejection seat belts made from coloured Tamiya tape.

I cannot recommend this kit strongly enough and looking forward to getting another in the New Year. Must pull a Sea Vixen out soon to go alongside it.

033_zpsca0298b4.jpg

035_zpsd3a7b8b3.jpg

038_zpse045733a.jpg

039_zpsc50a5fb0.jpg

034_zps61a3658a.jpg

037_zps616e5986.jpg

I know the flaps and airbrake deployment is most likely inaccurate, but I was enjoying building it so much I decided to have everything deployed.

• Like 14

Very nice looking Javelin, what colour did you use for the underside? it looks just right... not to silvery.

Building one of these myself at the moment and yes it is a great kit, the only problem I have encountered is the intake seams.

gazza l

Thanks Gazza,

The underside is Humbrol 11, a couple of thinned coats and Humbrol Clear. Sorry to hear about the intakes seams, IIRC there were only small gaps on mine and I used Perfect Plastic putty to sort them.

If your talking about the trunking there's always the intake / exhaust covers that are supplied but I did not use, the access ladder is a nice peice as well.

John