Vulcan Vickers Light Tank VIB 1/35

Hi all

Been Planing to build A Vickers Tank since I met my girlfriend and found out her Grate Grandfather was Gorge Vickers (yes that Gorge Vickers) she had very little idea of what the company did or its size. so I now point out when ever I can that Vickers made and built. Anyway the model was built almost OOB just replacing the fire extinguisher the fuel can rack and added the tarp all from the spares box. Its panted with Tamiya acrylics and a heavy sand wash over a black wash. Its my first attempt whit link and length track and theres some improving to do there. Anyway have a look and as always feel free to comment

Jim SDC10298_zpsd6cb433f.jpgSDC10297_zps712cebf5.jpgSDC10295_zps0be6319a.jpgSDC10294_zps46713ebc.jpgSDC10292_zps1f27c268.jpgSDC10289_zps3421d423.jpgSDC10288_zps2d511539.jpgSDC10287_zps51fcf30e.jpgSDC10286_zps50c1af8c.jpgSDC10285_zps3c0201ca.jpg

• Like 6

Good job on this one.

For the first time on sinking your teeth on link and length track, I'd say you came out on top. This kit is probably one of the worst in that regards, not just because of the size but also the way they are molded, leaving absolutely no room for error when trimming off the sprues.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

That looks excellent and the Caunter scheme colours look great,...which paints did you use?

I`m building a similar tank from the same unit using the old Cromwell resin kit which had been in the stash a while.

Cheers

Tony

looks great

Very very nice small tank.

Cheers

That looks excellent and the Caunter scheme colours look great,...which paints did you use?

I`m building a similar tank from the same unit using the old Cromwell resin kit which had been in the stash a while.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks chaps for the kind words

Tony the base was in fact Vallejo 71.075 sand (ivory) darker blue was XF50 Field Blue and the lighter blue was XF23 Light blue. I then tend to give it a very thin wash of XF57 Buff just to cram it down a little but this time I tried a black wash under a heavy sand wash to give the effect of fine sand laying on the tank. But I think the Buff wash gives a better look to the colours

Jim