Airfix Lancaster B1 Special Grandslam

JOCKNEY

Are you kidding, the stain is the best part! I'd love to see what Airfix could do with their beautiful new CGI art with the Grand Slam. You didn't by any chance buy this kit from eBay did you - If you did, it might be one of the two I sold! I sold them when I was finally able to find the Hasegawa Grand Slam at a decent price (42USD, including shipping!). Good luck on it, Pat!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Oh, it's all my fault then! At least regarding the box cover. Why do you think I sold it? I can't bear stains on my boxes. Mind you, the insides can be total rubbish, but the box has to be immaculate. Actually, I've bought some real bargains from eBay where the kit didn't even have a box, or the box was bad. However, Pat, I'm sure you'll do a fine job on the Lanc - you'll probably build it long before I finish my Hasegawa kit, which is currently languishing in "I really ought to get back to this" land. You know, I really ought to get back to that Lanc.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Come on Jason, join this GB with your fancy version of the Grandslam Lancaster, there will never be a better reason to build it.

We can make sure each other finish, whoever gets the least votes in the gallery at the end buys the beers !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

You know, Pat, I just pulled out my Grand Slam kit and I've done more on it than I thought. The wings and tail planes are glued together and the join lines smoothed, same with the engine nacelles (and I need to remember to watch out for those outer engine nacelles - they're not at the correct angle to the wing on the Hasegawa kit). About all I need to do before I can really go to town on it is finish the interior, then button up the fuselage. Then let it sit for five years. If I did finish it, I would get the fewest votes in the gallery, I promise! However, if you "win", since I don't drink (even when I did I couldn't stomach beer, except for Belgian raspberry beer - true story), you can contribute a few quid to my "what am I going to buy next that I won't ever finish" kit fund.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Ok Jason, if you won't join the GB with the Grandslam you must have something else that would qualify, even if it was just changing the decals. Ie Mitchell, Marauda, Ventura, early Fortress.

Come on you know you want to.......

No Beers, small donation to Britmodeller instead ?

You know, Pat, I just pulled out my Grand Slam kit and I've done more on it than I thought. The wings and tail planes are glued together and the join lines smoothed, same with the engine nacelles (and I need to remember to watch out for those outer engine nacelles - they're not at the correct angle to the wing on the Hasegawa kit). About all I need to do before I can really go to town on it is finish the interior, then button up the fuselage. Then let it sit for five years. If I did finish it, I would get the fewest votes in the gallery, I promise! However, if you "win", since I don't drink (even when I did I couldn't stomach beer, except for Belgian raspberry beer - true story), you can contribute a few quid to my "what am I going to buy next that I won't ever finish" kit fund.

Regards,

Jason

Jason,

You're making a habit of starting and not finishing Lancs, the GS slipped under my radar, but the VI didn't. You've got no excuse not to be in the KUTA with all these :poke::lol:

I know, but to be fair I don't think the coffee stain on the box was put there by Airfix !

Cheers Pat

Now how do you know that's a coffee stain Pat? :hmmm: All the best with this one however.

• Like 1

Now how do you know that's a coffee stain Pat? :hmmm: All the best with this one however.

Hi Graham

There was other options for the brown stain on the box, but I decided to call it coffee rather than assume a more unpleasant alternative !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Neil, I promise I'll finish my Mk.VI. Someday. Probably during the reign of the current Monarch. You are right about my mistake habit of starting Lancasters and not finishing them (and Lancaster variants - I have a mostly built Manchester and Lincoln, also, and a Shackleton MR.2, but I'm holding on to my hope that Airfix will come out with this last one). I've figured that if I could just concentrate all the effort I've put into my Mk.VI, my GR.3, my MR.10A, and my Grand Slam into just one of these builds, I might actually have a finished Lancaster.

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Lucky thing Neil doesn't know about the B.II I've started!

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry guys

I'm having to admit defeat on this GB, too many other things on the go. I will come back to build this one but not in the next few days !

Good luck to everyone striving to finish this GB

Cheers Pat