Ferrari Spider 360 (Tamiya 1:24)

I couldn't make my mind up as to what to build next so after a case of 'eenie-meenie-minee-mo', this came out the winner. I recently purchased the kit from a fellow Britmodeller and sourced the etch from ebay. I love Tamiya kits (especially the metal decals) so here's hoping I do it justice!! :unsure:

IMG_0375_zps1f35aee3.jpg

IMG_0378_zps85c36055.jpg

IMG_0383_zpsf8ec4fc6.jpg

IMG_0380_zps137f8185.jpg

IMG_0387_zps276beddb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Shaun :)

I'd thought about blue but my Shelby is blue and I'm after another colour for the 'completed shelf'. I'm sticking with Vallejo Air for this build so might just pick something 'bright' from the colour chart!

Anyhow, started on the interior today. Early days but thought I'd post a progress picture

Cheers

IMG_0407_zps924db134.jpg

OK - That's the cockpit and front end done. Time to start on the back.

All the shiny parts have been de-chromed in peroration for Alclad and the 'glass' has been dipped in Klear. Hope to to be able to do some more in the week.

IMG_0437_zps33d9b177.jpg

IMG_0435_zps04dc0f23.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the nice comments - much appreciated :)

I was tempted by black but thought about a matt finish. I was also looking at orange but I think I'll save that for if I ever build a Lambo.

Hence, I'm going to be boring and go with red. The Vallejo Air colour is called 'Ferrari Red' so it kind of called out to me in the shop.

Thanks for the nice comments - much appreciated :)

I was tempted by black but thought about a matt finish. I was also looking at orange but I think I'll save that for if I ever build a Lambo.

Hence, I'm going to be boring and go with red. The Vallejo Air colour is called 'Ferrari Red' so it kind of called out to me in the shop.

Red sounds good to me. Interesting to see vallejo on this as I have bough some model colour and was wondering how it would fair.

Folks,

Has anyone used Humbrol acrylic gloss spray on Vallejo Air paint?

It's attacked the paint on the smaller parts and left a dull white finish on the body shell :(:weep::(:weep:

Should have stuck with the Klear!!

IMG_0454_zps7f919480.jpg

Thats strange, I'm sure in the past I've used Humbrol solvent based lacquer over Valejo but never the acrylic. Looks like its bloomed, how many coats did you put on?

This was two coats. I"m wondering if I put it on too wet.

Yes could be, how long after the base coat did you lacguer it? I have an automotive satin black which goes exactly the same if applied too wet or too soon between coats!

About 36 hours. Maybe the coats need to be misted on?

Either way, I think I'll stick to Klear ;)

Yes first couple of coats need to be misted on and left to dry, and temperature is a major cause of blooming too, I always stand my aerosols in warm water after shaking them, once heated up shake again, and I use a hair dryer to warm the air over the model.

Yes first couple of coats need to be misted on and left to dry, and temperature is a major cause of blooming too, I always stand my aerosols in warm water after shaking them, once heated up shake again, and I use a hair dryer to warm the air over the model.

Thanks for the info - appreciated. I might have a play with the Humbrol another time on a 'test' model

Cheers

• Like 1