Eduard Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-8 / A-8 R2 1/48

BerndM

Hi Matt, thanks for the kind reply, the kit is designed for open panels, not every modeller (incl. me ) likes this, with some care it goes well together, if the fire wall and wheel bay sits properly, the kit can be "clicked" together. On my following A-6, i don t glued the exhaust stacks on the engine, but inside the cowling, after htey were dry i cut them to fit, easy.

Got the D-9 as well, would be interesting to hear about your experience with this kit. wasn t aware, that Eduard will re design it, if Ebay is full of cheap kits of the older versions, i know what i have to do :-)

More soon and happy modelling

Cheers

Bernd

Thanks

Yes Eduard are to re-tool the 190 A series, due I think in 2016 sometime...

The D-9 is like the As, 'fussy', but if you pay attention (same things wing spar, firewall, gun deck and the rear engine plug) it can be clicked together. I hashed the wing gun bay covers on this (my first Eduard 190) and have a set of Loon Models replacements - not sure, mind you, that they're any different to the Eduard parts fit wise..?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing these to come together.

Matt

• Like 1

Interesting news, about the Eduard 190s ! That can be true, that there are soon plenty of cheap 190s on Ebay, good times !

If there is someone, who want to bin these kits, i can put them for good use !

Today i am a bit proud, i posted my progress not only here on BM but on some modelling and research groups on Facebook. This morning i learned about many likes and to my surprise, that Eduard shared the post from my pair on their site on FB too. !

I hope i can made more progress soon.

• Like 1

After your stunning F-4, it will be an awesome model ! Can t wait to see it !

There is a detail set out with a better engine and better maintance panels

Cheers

Bernd

Thanks Bernd, but that'll have to wait: I first have to finish my Spitfire and then I have another great F4 project that I absolutely want to do ...

• Like 1