Eduard Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-8 / A-8 R2 1/48

BerndM

Hi BerndM, very good builds of both aircraft. The machine guns look excellent. I will look forward to the end result.

• Like 1

On the plan are the spinner spirals ...

That is something I'm really interested in, having the Eduard kit in my stash with almost all the proposed paint schemes with those spirals. :popcorn:

Ciao

• Like 1

Thanks for that compliment, Julian.

Not much modelling the last couple of weeks but yesterday, i made some progress:

Some toch ups on the RV bands, wing leading edges, improvements on the camo scheme and spirals for the spinners.

for the masking of the white primed spinners i used a masking foil from Revell. This product is a bit more flexible than the Tamiya tape but not enough.

Some corrections still had to be made.

We had some sunny moments today, so i used the beautiful light for photos outsidea8r2%20hinten%20seite_zpshvo2b0sb.jpga8%20hinten%20seite_zpslyskmzu2.jpga8%20vorn%20seite_zpscpsuh3hn.jpga8r2%20vorn%20seite_zpsc0gwalmw.jpga8%20unten_zpsiarbvfwa.jpg

• Like 5

Great work mate, those 190's are looking really sharp, can't wait to see more progress :yikes:

Thank you my friend, it seems it time for some gloss and decaling. More to come :guitar:

Hi Bernd; spiral looks good, can I ask you how did you cut the masking pattern? Straight or already with a curve in it?

Ciao

Hi, my attempt to cut the masks in a curve were not really successful, i used straight ones risking some touch ups later.

The fine art of doing spirals on spinners is still not on "inventory" :rolleyes:

Looking good BerndM. Keep up the good work. :)

Thank you very much, was a good feeling, yesterday to dust them after some weeks. They are very nice kits :pilot:

• Like 1

Thank you Stix, the spirals could get a slight touch up, i noticed that my brushes for fine work had seen better days

Will spray some gloss on both, i hope i can post pix of the decal session soon

• Like 1

Hi Julian, thank you for your reply. I will give this a try by the next ones, sounds like an elegant solution.

Years ago, i started a Tamiya Yamato in 1/350 and to get this right, i had some Sakae in the house. The evening was fun but it didn t improve my skills by much :whistle:

Banzai !!

Hi Julian, thank you for your reply. I will give this a try by the next ones, sounds like an elegant solution.

Years ago, i started a Tamiya Yamato in 1/350 and to get this right, i had some Sakae in the house. The evening was fun but it didn t improve my skills by much :whistle:

Banzai !!

Saké = Japanese stealth killer :pirate:

• Like 1

Saké = Japanese stealth killer :pirate:

Its my believe, that japanese pilots were offered to drink the whole bottle of sakae, if they return from the mission, few did :shutup:

• 1 month later...

Wow, last post on 10.02.15! Time to post some progress shots. After the last pics i had done from the pair i managed to beat myself with success. The layer of clear looked very bad, so i decided to gave both kits a slight sanding /polish. The coat of clear reacted very bad and after all the paint job was heavy damaged. Things, that normally work properly, will fail at some time, lesson learned and i got me a bottle of Modell Master gloss.

After the gloss was on, i felt exhausted about the project and my small scale tank addiction strucked me again, i used the long weekend for decals and some weathering, there is still a long way to go and lots of blemishes are to correct, like some damage on the decals but i am quite satisfied with the result, hope you like it too.

a8%201_zpsqagjpb6t.jpga8%204%20detail1_zpsvjlbbdez.jpga8%20detail2_zpspvklm0dq.jpga8%206_zpsrchs8lhk.jpga8%207_zps0ebdlxvp.jpga8%20r2%201_zps1cn08d55.jpga8%20r2%202_zpscptr9ie0.jpga8%20r2%204_zpsmoihktin.jpga8%20r2%205_zpsy0a0oxjt.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning Bernd. Good to see this one back in progress. Tanks are fun but so are planes - must get on and finish my two!

What a shame about the paint and Klear problem. It's never fun when that kind of thing happens but you seem to have cleared the problem areas really well. It's going to look great when it's done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi and good morning Stix, good to have some 1/72 tanks for relaxing !

Maybe my clear in the bottle is too old, After all, i decided to see this as a practise run for mottling, i think, its a tad better.

Both looking very good Bernd. And "damaged decals" = "weathering" ... :coolio::winkgrin::whistle:

Tanks are fun but so are planes - must get on and finish my two!

Yeah, it's about time, don't you think? I need more tips for my build! LOL :winkgrin: (sorry for the hijack, Bernd)

Ciao

• Like 2

Looks very nice indeed. very nice.

The FW190A8R2 is my favorite, are you going to have them armoured glasses on the canopy?

As many did in fact remove them due poor visibility when it condens between them froze at the altitude....

so if mounted or not...both will look real cool.

/Mal

• Like 1

Hi Mal, the A-8 R/2 will be build without them, as said in the instructions. For the black 10, i have no pictures and hope Eduard got that right.

There will be a more straight Sturmjäger with them on in the future, got a Tamiya 190 as well. They had markings for Hptm. Moritz s 190 Sturmbock in the box.

Special Hobby has the Eduard kit out as a A-6 as Sturmjäger, with markings for Sturmstaffel 1, maybe another one for me.

• Like 1

Been following your progress for a while Bernd.

Very nice and a great advertisement for what can be done with the Eduard kits. I'm currently working through an A-8 and a D-9 and, so far, they've been a pleasure to build (though of course I'm 'standing on the shoulders' of the first builders who often had a lot of hassle - that I'm learning from).

I'm intrigued to see what Edward do for the re-design of this kit. I suspect it'll fall together and eBay will be deluged with old tools.. :) I just ordered a SH A-6 Sturmjäger, looks very nice in the reviews.

Look forward to seeing more progress.

Matt

• Like 1