Eduard Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-8 / A-8 R2 1/48

BerndM

Hi, my first build on Britmodeller. The chosen subject is Eduards Fw 190 in 1/48 scale.Not only one but two !

Last Sunday i couldn t choose which, so there will be two of them.

On both build every hatch will be closed.Eduard did a lot of effort in open and detailed gun bays, but i feel it disturbes the clean but powerful lines of this type.

There are offerings from Hasegawa,Dragon and Tamiya for closed 190s but i like Eduards surfaces and the nicely detailed

cockpits and wheel bays, as well the nice decals ......

And they were in my stash !

The build has started with some sub assemblies, the cockpit tubs, the engines(the hardest part with the single exhaust stubs).The underwings with the wing spar and the wheelwells.

The upperwings need a cutout to fit the gun hatches for the inner wing guns.To get a better fit the inner parts of the hatches were sanded down.

So much for now.

Cheers

Bernd :bye:

cockpits1_zps4ff91ed4.jpg?t=1415126711underwings1_zpsaf499f66.jpg?t=1415127166enginesandbearings1_zps04db8084.jpg?t=14cutoutscockpitwingspar1_zps4b1f9072.jpg?gunbayhatcht1sanded_zps6ae724a4.jpg?t=14cutoutupperwing1_zpsf43f3547.jpg?t=14151gunbay2_zps266b65bd.jpg?t=1415126998fuses1_zps247ac703.jpg?t=1415127050

• Like 3

Now that is looking very impressive BerndM! I really enjoy these projects with well detailed cockpits! :goodjob:

Thank you very much, it s completly OOB the photo etched parts look great, while having done some 190, after the fuselage is closed, not much can be seen. So i did not much "weathering"

I bought the Tamiya A8/R2 the other day so will be interested to see how this build pans out. Looking good already i might say.

Good luck with that one, Tamiya s solution to supply the side armour as a sticker is a good one, have one finished for years, looks still good.

Nice start, these look like nice kits and especially the printed cockpit details add a lot :thumbsup2:

jon

Sad to say, but these printed PE sets look much better than my painting efforts

Nice work mate. Getting that firewall Right is the key to the rest of the kit lining up and that mainspar I feel another one coming on now dammit

Absolutely ! The dryfit, mating the sub assembled underwing with the fuselage is very good, photos tomorrow. Its not a shake and bake kit

but these kits are much better then their reputation.

Beside that, Eduard nailed the surfaces !

Thanks for watching

Cheers

Bernd :bye:

• 2 weeks later...

having just picked one of these up from Hannants @ colindale i'll be closely following this build for tips, looking good so far. :thumbsup2:

Hi Langy, there is more to come, currently i am finishing another project. Got some more progress and photos. Both kits are together without much problems.

Will editing the pics and load them up

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 1