Entex 1/16 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III

RRFAN

I have put the Entex Rolls Royce on hold. Since last week Tuesday, having primed the upper coach and some bits and bobs, nothing more has been done.

Days are getting shorter, weather is cold and I don't have the facilities other than a cold shed to do the paintwork. It is a job I wish to do properly so better wait until next spring, or any other (better) opportunity that might come along.

In the mean time I haven't been lounging about, I finished this 1/24 Italeri Phantom II in an alternative livery. Should be in the ready for inspection department. Will do some pics there as well.

bem0z.jpg

I understand completely RR; same situation here in N.E, US. Temps range from 20's to 40's with precip. I paint in unheated garage so that aspect of the big Rolls will wait. But I have scads of fitting, filling and sanding to do in meantime.

Your fill-in job on the P II is tremendous. The panel fit and stance is excellent. That comes across my screen as lavender and Dove Gray; an unusual and to my taste, striking combination. High marks for creativity!

Beautiful job on what I've read is a difficult kit! :frantic:

Thanks for the accolade. Yes it is Lavender combined with Trout (that is what the spray can says) on the outside. A lighter shade of lavender inside.

Other than probably expected, this kit is reasonably straightforward and the panel fit is just fine. I must improve on the silver lines of the wheel hubs (will do that later).

I must improve on the silver lines of the wheel hubs (will do that later).

A possible method: BMF the entire disc with chrome or bright ally. Spray your color, just enough to get coverage. When completely dry rub the raised lines with sanding cloths; I start with 2400 and go up or down as needed.

I've had success with that.

I did not know that, I always thought that the Revell kit was just the same car in a different box. But I haven't seen it in the flesh so my observation is very limited. Never mind.

I have just finished that Revell (RR Phantom II Continental (1934) and am really pleased with it. It went together very well except for the doors which were too short and needed added plastic. Please see two photos below:

(See successful post below)

Grrr... The photos themselves haven't posted as images and can't be seen outside of Photobucket. I never get on with Photobucket. They are always changing and often doesn't work.

Anyone and ideas why this post went wrong? I followed the instructions in Britmodeller to the letter, pasting the "Direct" code as instructed into the Rich Text Editor.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o735/Stevekir/Final2afterLRandbacktoPSDbordred_zpsedaef6ac.jpg

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o735/Stevekir/DSC_0110RightPosterolateralBordered_zps6db44684.jpg

Edited by Stevekir

Not sure how you are posting the pics, but when you are in the 'posting message' window - the one I'm writing in right now, on the toolbar at the top is a little green square icon - the picture icon.

Click it.

Paste your link in there, click ok.

You should see your picture immediately.

Roy.

Not sure how you are posting the pics, but when you are in the 'posting message' window - the one I'm writing in right now, on the toolbar at the top is a little green square icon - the picture icon.

Click it.

Paste your link in there, click ok.

You should see your picture immediately.

Roy.

Did that!

This time it worked. I was presented with a different screen this time after pressing the green box.

Final2afterLRandbacktoPSDbordred_zpsedae

DSC_0110RightPosterolateralBordered_zps6

Edited by Stevekir
  • Like 1