Airfield vehicles- 1/72

Courageous

Wow! Thanks Reggio! The F4 models 1950s pickup looks perfect! Any suggestions for a USAF 1960s ambulance and fire/crash truck?

Hi There,

n sure, I'll have a look around but I also remember the old Hasegawa Pilot/Ground Crew set that comes with a Chevy Crew van. I built one years ago and it looked smart.

http://www.hasegawausa.com/product-pages/hsgs1877.html

Have you considered and die cast stuff, as there's usually loads of fire trucks etc in 1/72 scale?

Regards

Reggie

>> Academy do a M35

A very good kit.
But I doubt that an M35 has anything to do on an airfields / air base.
On an improvised dirt strip - yes; on a U.S. Army helicopter landing zone in Vietnam - yes; but not on a "real" airfield (definitely not sitting next to tactical fighters and such).

>> Have you considered and die cast stuff, as there's usually loads of fire trucks etc in 1/72 scale?

There are indeed quite a few die-cast models of fire trucks / fire engines in 1/72.
However, everything that I have seen so far is civilian, not military.
Military airfield fire fighting vehicle (known also as crash truck / crash tender) is a very different thing from your civilian fire engine.

>> I also remember the old Hasegawa Pilot/Ground Crew set that comes with a Chevy Crew van.

Yes.

There's even a detail set to make this van look more realistic: http://f4models.blogspot.com/2015/03/detail-set-for-stepvan-1970s-1990s-usaf.html

Regards,

Alex

• Like 1

Au contraire:

1280px-530B_structural_pumper_firefighti

Admittedly you might need to do a bit of scratchbuilding, but that's definitely an M35. :wicked:

PS - I think this thing (530B Fire Tender) may actually be a 70s child.....TBH anything after 1945 is a bit vague for me! :blush:

• Like 1

I'm sorry but when I say "M35" I mean "M35", and nothing else.

M35 is a 2.5 ton flat bed cargo truck.

U.S. designations are usually very specific: even, say, a dump truck based on the M35 chassis is designated NOT as M35 but as M59. And so forth.

A fire engine based on the M35 chassis is NOT an M35.

On your photograph there is a 530B fire tender, as you yourself has stated.

PS: By the way, here's an excellent site with lots of information on military fire-fighting vehicles: http://www.firetrucks-atwar.com/index.html

Edited by ShadowRaider

Yes I know that site.....It's the very first listing you find when you do a Google search for "530B Fire Tender". :mellow:

Why don't you just openly state that 4F models is your enterprise.....Or are you concerned that you might already be in breach of the rules for traders? :hmmm:

Slagging off Aim72 without declaring your own position strikes me as rather unethical. :nono:

Presumably all 4F castings are utterly perfect and you will be demonstrating this by supplying some examples to BM for impartial review? :shrug:

Easy Andy - although you do have a point. :shrug: Affiliations and vested Interests should always be declared up front to avoid confusion and bad feeling. :)