BAC Lightning F.2A Resin Detail Sets for Airfix Kit - 1:72 CMK

BAC Lightning F.2A Resin Detail Sets for Airfix Kit

1:72 CMK

cmklightning_1.jpg

Whenever a high-profile new kit such as Airfix's Lightning is released, it's inevitable that the aftermarket manufacturers will follow it up with a slew of tantalising goodies offering us the opportunity to go several steps further. This month it's CMK's turn with this pair of resin upgrades.

BAC Lightning F.2A Interior Set

cmklightning_2.jpg

Set contains completely new cockpit, including a replacement cockpit tub, control column, instrument panel, rear decking and coaming. The set also contains a replacement Martin Baker Mk.4 ejection seat, complete with realistically moulded seat cushions. Unlike many upgrade sets of this type, this is a multimedia affair, made so by the inclusion of a small fret of pre-painted photo etched parts. On this fret are the harnesses and release cords for the ejection seat as well as a multi-layered instrument panel. As with other CMK sets, the resin is nicely cast and details are plenty sharp.

bin.jpg

BAC Lightning F.2A Control Surfaces

cmklightning_3.jpg

As you may have guessed from the title, this set contains replacement resin control surfaces for Airfix's new kit. The set contains ailerons, landing flaps and a new rudder. The resin is smooth and well cast (apart from a small bubble at the front of the rudder), and the surfaces feature delicate rivet detail. The trailing edges are also nice and sharp, which will all go to enhance the sense of realism.

bin.jpg

Conclusion

A quality kit deserves quality aftermarket, so it's nice to see Airfix's new kit being supported so well by the likes of CMK. These items are well made and will significantly enhance the basic kit. I'm very much looking forward to using them when I build my kit. Highly recommended.

Review sample courtesy of logo.jpg

• Like 2