Jag Tiger

tc2324

So another 74 Sqn what if based on `fact` completed.

Within months of 74 Sqn disbanding at Tenagh in 1971 and handing in their EE Lightning F.6`s, word was soon spread around that the Tiger`s would reform in the shape of the new Sepecat Jaguar.

Alas, it was not to be.

But what if it had?

IMG_3037_zps00123e35.jpg

IMG_3039_zps42702f72.jpg

IMG_3038_zpse52c2ebc.jpg

IMG_3042_zpsddcb4d57.jpg

Now some of you may be saying, `but wasn`t 74 sqn a fighter unit`?

For the most part of it`s history, this is true. However 74 has also dipped it`s toe, (or should that be paw?), into the murky world of ground attack on more than a few occasions. Probably the most memorable being as part of the 2nd TAF in Europe during the last stages of the war when it was the only rocket projectile firing Spitfire sqn. Albeit not that effective and shallow dive bombing was the preferred attack strategy.

So with that in mind, I opted for a scheme that I felt was realistic in that a ground attack aircraft/sqn would usually tone down any bright colours, markings and art work, but I also wanted to keep the usual `Tiger spirit` and pride that anyone who ever served on the unit so readily accepted and usually showed off on their aircraft.

Hopefully I`ve pulled it off?

• Like 3

Very nice! I love the Tigers, so I'm always happy to see your builds of them. In fact, I was just reading the passage in the Cossey book on them mentioning this rumour the other day.

Is it a trick of the light, or is the Jaguar in a lighter grey than normally seen in the wraparound scheme?

Thank you very much guys.

Is it a trick of the light, or is the Jaguar in a lighter grey than normally seen in the wraparound scheme?

It`s a light thing to a degree as it looks darker in some shots but not others.

Also this isn`t the wrap around scheme but the earlier light grey undersides. Just not very visible.