Two more Ju 87's: B1 by Fujimi and G2 converted from Academy

JWM

Hi,

Following my recent post on Ju-87 A I would like to show two other Stuka made by my more than 10 years ago. This is Ju 87 B-1 (A5+AB), I/StG 1, Eastern Prussia, September 1939 (Invasion of Poland), Pilot - probably CO of I/StG 1 Maj.Werner Rench. Fujimi kit OOB, except decals which are mostly from a drawer and squadron emblem is hand painting on decal

Second one is perhaps the most typical Stuka of the world - the Ju 87 G2, SG-2 pilot H.U. Rudel, summer 1944, Eastern front, conversion from Ju-87 G-1 kit by Academy. It is a bit strange since I made this conversion instead of just buying G-2 kit. When I bought this kit I found that the nose is too short for some milimeters. So besides enlarging wings I extended nose also. The decals here are from Czech company Propagteam, as far as I remeber.

Ju 87 B-1:

junkers 87b DSC02543junkers 87b DSC02542junkers 87b DSC02541junkers 87b DSC02540junkers 87 b DSC02544

And Ju 87 G2:

junkers 87 g DSC02553junkers 87 g DSC02554junkers 87 g DSC02552junkers 87 g DSC02551

junjers 87 g DSC02550

And the family shot:

junkers 87 family  DSC02539

Cheers and regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 10

Congrats are in order! Two great Stukas!

Buying a G-1 to make a G-2, when the latter exists as a kit, denotes a fanatical scratch builder! Impressive persistence.

I love them both

JR

• Like 2

Buying a G-1 to make a G-2, when the latter exists as a kit, denotes a fanatical scratch builder! Impressive persistence.

You are perfectly right, it was crazy!

Thank you Jean and Darby for acceptace and nice comment

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi Jerzy:

You have done here a spectacular two models and in all, a very spectacular trio!!!

I liked a lot the way you have finished them and the delicate weathering you applied to all those jewels displayed here, without a doubt, those Stukas in your collection are great builds, and also agree with Jean, your impressive collection denotes a very high degree of realism and the passion of the scratchbuilder who wants perfection and results above normal modeler´s quality. A real and true example for us to follow.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1