First Warship for a while...

Returning to building a Warship for first time in years...

Planning on purchasing the Airfix Type 45 1/350 and doing a waterline version.....

Will probably be asking a lot of basic questions here as I proceed... but for starters

Modern Royal Navy colours for the Daring.... what is the most popular colour people here use, in spray and tinlet format for both the hull and the deck colours ????

Also, where is best place to get modern Royal Navy figures to add, preferably pre painted???

Appreciate your help !!

Hi. Re. the Royal navy figures, Eduard do some painted crew in that scale; White Ensign Models as well as others probably stock them. I don't know if they're post-WWII or not, but at that scale I suspect it may be hard to tell the difference.

Ross.

White Ensign do the correct modern colours for the Type 45. Light Weatherwork Grey uppers, dark grey deck, modern antifouling red and black boot topping.

There's only one thing wrong with WEM, and that is it's alost impossible to visit their website with the intention of purchasing 1 thing, I always seem to find something else I need.

Eduard do a range of pre-coloured photo etch crew figures, including the RN.

Yes, I will definately be investing in a PE for this kit soon... not used one before, so questions about the prep... do you simply prime the sheet before use so you can then paint accordingly ??

Also, fixing the parts, do you use normal cement for attaching to the model ??

sorry for yet more basic questions.....