Flt Lt FR Ightning 74 Sqn RAF (Lightning F6) Tiger Take Off

My fellow modellers, I present my first ever model in a Group Build.

I built the Airfix Lightning F6 of 74 Sqn RAF. The only extras are a HUD from the spares box & a Model Master Pitot & refueling probe tip.

Paint is Tamiya Aluminium from a rattle can & everything else is Humbrol enamals brush painted.

The base is a bit of MDF covered in sandpaper & painted Tamiya Nato black & the model is mounted on a 6mm brass rod. I wanted to display her in a different way so instead of just on the deck, or going vertical as most Lightnings are, I decided to display her just after take off with the wheels retracting.

Let me present Flt Lt FR Ightning in Tiger Take Off.

IMG_0585_zpsa97f64a9.jpgIMG_0586_zps1c1c480b.jpgIMG_0588_zps7f9923f1.jpgIMG_0590_zpsd8e81a54.jpgIMG_0581_zps0d29f076.jpgIMG_0582_zps01c4ad1a.jpgIMG_0583_zpsc3487992.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments are always welcomed.

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 22

I bought three Lightning kits because of you. If my wife finds out, my blood will be on your hands.

Hehe. Just wait till mine finds out I bought the Flightpath upgrade set for the 1/48 Lightning!!!

I like it, it reminds me that a long time ago, my parents took me to the Biggin Hill air show.

A lightning went down the runway, rotated and did an impression of a ballistic missile.

It disappeared into the blue sky at an incredible speed.

• Like 2

A dynamic and superbly presented Frightning - well done!

Mark

Very nice ,great presentation .

Terry

I bought three Lightning kits because of you. If my wife finds out, my blood will be on your hands.

I resemble that remark!

John

Very nicely presented. You put me to shame, I haven't even started my Lightning GB entries yet!

Duncan B

Love the way you have posed the aircraft! That's a great looking build, well done!

Great idea, looks really good.

Cheers

John

I like it, it reminds me that a long time ago, my parents took me to the Biggin Hill air show.

A lightning went down the runway, rotated and did an impression of a ballistic missile.

It disappeared into the blue sky at an incredible speed.

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. It has been a joy to make & share.

When I brought this up on my computer screen, the room started to shake, and flames flicked out of my speakers. Hold on Flt Lt F.R. Ightning, hold on!

Or sit calmly with your hands by your side as the Ightning brothers always seem to do.

Awesome build Hockeyboy.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi Hockeyboy,

Impressive build and great NMF! Congrats!

I have one of these in my stash and look forward to build it.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Hockeyboy,

Impressive build and great NMF! Congrats!

I have one of these in my stash and look forward to build it.

Cheers

Jaime

It's a great little kit dude. Thanks for the comments. NMF was just Tamiya silver from a rattle can. The wing tanks have Bare metal foil on.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...