Hanomag Sdkfz251/1, Tamiya 1/35

pabbi

Looks darn good from where I sit. The color is spot on and the wear and tear looks believeable.

Next time sand the center seam from the front tires. That wasn't part of the tread pattern in real life.

The palm tree insignia is upside down, but hey it could have been painted by a drunken panzerschutz.

:goodjob:

G

Very good effort for your first kit :thumbsup2: I really have a soft spot for these half tracks, and remember building that Tamiya kit a couple of times :winkgrin:

Aside from what the others have already said, the main thing I would suggest for your next build would be to invest in a more modern kit, for the 251's that means Dragon, or AFV Club if you prefer the rubber-band tracks. You seem to have the basic techniques worked out, and starting from a more detailed base would really enhance the finished product (there's a saying about a silk purse and a sow's ear I think, not that the Tamiya kit is that bad).

Jon

BerndM, I knew what you meant :) sorry not needed

thanks all for your comments and advices, eager to start on another Armor kit.. and doing better :)

No, i am really sorry,it seems that my head switched in the stand by modus without warning:-( ( quite common these days )

Your kit is great as it is !

Spot on for a first effort! Keep up the good work.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...