Misterkit paint

nick32

I've tried several thinners. Some worked okay with IPA, but their metallics absolutely did not. I generally just use tap water right now. I like them for WWI aircraft, but have found them to be rather finicky and trying paints.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, thats given me something to go on. Hopefully i can make them work as i have a fair few RLM colours that i don't really want to have to buy again (although the Misterkit paints were cheap, about £2.50 for a box of 12).

Nick

Well i tried a few out on a BF109 i'm building at the moment, and to be honest it wasn't a great success.... I found them quite difficult to thin properly and gave a very thin watery coverage. In the end i used my trusty Tamiya paints. Its a shame really as they look spot on colour wise, but i find airbrushing a finicky business as it is without introducing more stress to it!

Thanks for the help chaps.

Nick

You need to factor in what air brush you are using, needle size and spray pressure Nick. Not had too many problems with an H&S .2m needle, thinned 50/50 with X20A and sprayed at around 25-28 psi.

I usually practice on a sheet of plasticard until I think I've got it right.

P

• Like 1