1/48 - Fairey Firefly AS.Mk.7 by Special Hobby - released

Homebee

• Like 2

Wow,.....now that is a beautiful painting! Ugly aircraft,...well yes,......but the painting is lovely and I definitely want a ki when it comes out!

Cheers for posting it,

Tony

Wow,.....now that is a beautiful painting! Ugly aircraft,...well yes,......but the painting is lovely and I definitely want a ki when it comes out!

Cheers for posting it,

Tony

There is no such thing as an ugly Fairey Tony! I just can't get enough of them! I've only built 1:72 up until now but it looks like I will have to upscale now though.

• Like 1

I may be in the same boat, DAG058. I've most of the Firefly series in 1/72nd scale, but not this one. 1/48th scale is not my scale, but I might have to pick this one up.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

I may be in the same boat, DAG058. I've most of the Firefly series in 1/72nd scale, but not this one. 1/48th scale is not my scale, but I might have to pick this one up.

Regards,

Jason

Nice!

I'm only new to the hobby. When I started I didn't think I would follow a theme. My first model was a Fairey Battle though and I am hooked now!

I have a Battle, Fulmar and Firefly complete.

In the stash I have:

Gannet,

Seafox,

Swordfish floatplane,

Rotodyne,

Flycatcher,

Albacore,

Delta 2!

Why havnt they gone the usual, first by doing the firely in the gentleman scale. Before releasing it in GIANT size! :gobsmacked::coolio:

Please can we have it smaller! :thumbsup2::bye:

• Like 3

I think a lot of the model making company's are missing a trick by not releasing 1:72 Faireys. They did that many unique and interesting aircraft, a re-release of an Airfix Rotodyne or a decent Delta 2 would surely sell well?! Anyone tend to agree?

• Like 1

There is no such thing as an ugly Fairey Tony! I just can't get enough of them! I've only built 1:72 up until now but it looks like I will have to upscale now though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say and I suppose I`m on the fence really when it comes to the Firefly AS.7 really, I suppose it looks brutish rather than ugly,....but who can say that the Gannet was beautiful? Great aircraft,..yes,.....but beautiful,....mmm?

I`m looking forward to this kit coming out,.......but imagine if they released a Gannet AEW.3,......ugly or not,.......WOW!!

Cheers

Tony

who can say that the Gannet was beautiful? Great aircraft,..yes,.....but beautiful,....mmm?

I`m looking forward to this kit coming out,.......but imagine if they released a Gannet AEW.3,......ugly or not,.......WOW!!

Cheers

Tony

Ha I think the Gannet is a beauty! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea when it come to looks, but it so unique!

There's is a real,gap in the market for a Gannet AEW3. The closest I can find is the Revell AS.1.4.

I have to thank the Lord for putting the idea of producing the AS.7 in plastic into that someone's head at Special Hobby!Amen to that and will surely get one of the final Firefly version.Gannets are indeed ugly but I have boxes of it to prove that there's beauty in it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Delta apart did Fairey manage to build a good looking aircraft?

Some effective, others not but good looking? Hmmm

Granted but look at the contemporary US Navy Guardian (coincidentally also subject of a recent SH release). There's ugly!

• Like 1

The Delta apart did Fairey manage to build a good looking aircraft?

Some effective, others not but good looking? Hmmm

They did alright with this one

_4303221_zps303a9c67.jpg

Mine and I'm not sharing!

• Like 3