Civvy 'planes...

Not sure if this is the right column to show these, but they are complete though in need of much refurbishment.

IMG_6592_zpscce302e2.jpg

Airfix BAC 1-11. Unknown brand for the decals.

IMG_6593_zps3acea45f.jpg

IMG_6594_zps182092b1.jpg

Airfix VC-10. Again unknown decal brand. I do recall that I bought them from a place called VHF Supplies on the Great West Road!! A Loooooooong time ago!

IMG_6595_zps49a2ad0f.jpg

IMG_6596_zps2a98f41c.jpg

This model is in need of more attention. Fuselage coming apart for example and new undercart wanted. I believe Welsh Modles do sets. Anyway, Its one I must fix up as its a model of the VC-10 I flew in. Will contact 26 Decals for a new set of decals for the refurb.

And then these:

IMG_6597_zpscf5eba5c.jpg

A pair of Aurora 1/72nd Piper PA 23 Aztec. They will be worked on and off over the coming weeks.

Hope you have enjoyed this browse through some of my older builds from' way back when'!

• Like 8

Refurbishment? What's a wheel or two among friends? Nice looking VC-10. After a year or so, I just managed to get my hands on the Air Malawi BAC 1-11 decal sheet, and am starting a refurb on my old, battered Aer Lingus build. Never saw their VC-10 ( or be lucky enough to fly in her )but their BAC 1-11 was a regular in Johannesburg.

Cheers,

Mike

They will be done sometime. Paint stripping and re decorating with a repair to the undercart. But the VC -10 will need the fuselage join sorted as well so a break down and rebuild where its safe to do so then repaint in the same scheme.

Well worth the effort to freshen them up Paul.

The decals for the VC-10 look like the old Runway-30 or JetSet decals.

Chris.

Actually you may be right about the VC 10 decals. I think they are the Jet Set ones. But the B.CAL 1-11 is definitely a set I bought in VHF Supplies. I still have an unused set for a B.CAL VC-10 and Laker Skytrain DC-10 from the same VHF source!!

Nice!

The 1-11 came with BCal stickies in one release.

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/civil/bac111bt.jpg

Did yours come in the box or were aftermarket?

Trevor

Hi Trevor.

As mentioned in post one, The BCAL decals were from VHF Supplies. No brand name to the decals no instructions or anything.!!!! Just a decal sheet. Cost about 2 shillings and six pence in real money or something around that amount way back!!! So not the ones in the later reissue by Airfix at all. Their decals had the BCAL titles in a different font completely!! And included Aer Lingus.

One other thing my modle was built long before the reissue appeard and still have the original British United decals for it in my decal bank! :winkgrin: