1/48 - Eduard - Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5

172flogger

• 2 months later...

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2015/info-eduard-2015-01EN.pdf

Eduard's words.

(...) Another new 48th scale kit will be the SE-5a. It’s the next in our Great War line and this kit was well worth the extra effort. This kit will satisfy the most demanding fan of the type, and the level of detail approaches extreme. It represents our current peak of WWI subjects and the fact that we put a lot of effort into it shows. The SSW D.III was outsourced and unfortunately it shows, and so we will be doing the SE-5a ourselves. (...)

Source: http://www.ipmsnymburk.com/forum/viewtema.php?ID_tema=11559

1420672852.jpg

1420672686.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I Just hope that the surface detail is little finer than the recent Siemens D.III

Yes. Siemens D.III was Eduards test project.

They designed kit but moud were tooled by external company (they missed capacity for more projects together). And they wern´t happy with that. Mr.Šulc talk about it.

Next mould are tooled by Eduard company again.

• 10 months later...

Last news: http://www.detailscaleview.com/2015/11/new-products-from-novemberfest-2015.html

_MG_6260.JPG

The first upcoming release is a 1/48 SA-5, WWI fighter. Complete 3D model, so you can see how airplane would look in assembled state.

_MG_6261.JPG

Authors claim that detalization will be equal to 1/32 analogue, while assembly should be easy enough in order to make the whole process enjoyable. Quite surprising is the fact that there was no word about the next WWI kit that will be issued after this model, so we have to wait for some further info.

_MG_6263.JPG

On the photo above you can see how detailed will be the cockpit of this aircraft. Of course, we can expect some Brassin and PE accessories for this kit.

V.P.

No more real yet than the renders from January, then, except no longer in that horrible red shade. I'll get started on my Roden and Blue Max kits, then. IIRC Eduard have already said they intend to do a new tool Fokker D.VII in 1/72nd at some stage. Probably read it here somewhere but too much in need of coffee to search..............

Paul.

Edited by Paul Thompson

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fresh news - Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2017/info-eduard-2017-01EN.pdf

(...) First and foremost, that would be the SE.5a in 1/48 scale, which is – with respect to tools and moulds – practically ready. During December, 2016 we tested and almost completely finetuned the tools and over next week will submit the instructions and boxes to the print shop for the very first edition of this kit, which is the ProfiPACK edition of the SE.5a with the Wolseley Viper engine. Decals are printed,  masks are cut, and the PE is etched. This kit will arrive in the shops on March 1st, 2017.

This model is nice and I think it well illustrâtes the path we chose to travel over these past 25 years. BTW.....guess who the author of the boxart is. Your guess can be sent to my e-mail at [email protected] before midnight on January 5th. The first correct guess will receive from me the very first SE.5a in 1/48 scale by Eduard. This edition, of course, will not be the last boxing of the SE.5a. In May, we are going to release a Royal Class package with two  kits, one with the Wolseley Viper engine and the other with the Hispano Suisa. August will see the ProfiPACK kit with the Hispano Suisa engine. Weekends of both versions will be released in 2018.

V.P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...