CH-53 Pave-Low resin, & SU-22 Fitter

Wee Beastie

Managed to bag myself a Cobra Company Resin Pave-Low conversion set for my 1/48 CH-53. Been after a set for ages now. Not the easiest product to source & buy outside the US :-)

And on top of that, I've also found, and bought, a Kopro 1/48 SU-22 Fitter! Having seen a pair of Fitters at RIAT this year, I new I had to build one :-)

Two rare finds in one weekend, result :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I thought the Cobra Company still produce and sell the Pave Low conversion sets?

They do, but they won't ship to UK because of "too many problems". I've enquired twice now. Second time I was going to order about £120's worth of resin sets for my CH-53, and a couple of Academy Blackhawks I've got. Still wouldn't oblige. What business turns away income?? :shrug:

• Like 1

They do, but they won't ship to UK because of "too many problems". I've enquired twice now. Second time I was going to order about £120's worth of resin sets for my CH-53, and a couple of Academy Blackhawks I've got. Still wouldn't oblige. What business turns away income?? :shrug:

It isn't income if the package is lost. A friend of mine sold and sent some kits to four different modellers in the UK. Three of the packages didn't arrive, and he had to refund the money.

Jens

It isn't income if the package is lost. A friend of mine sold and sent some kits to four different modellers in the UK. Three of the packages didn't arrive, and he had to refund the money.

Jens

Appreciate that, but isn't that where shipping insurance comes in? I offered to pay extra for insurance, & tracking. It is a pity, as they get good reviews on their products. I too have had issues with items going missing. I always send items tracked now. I don't think people don't mind paying that little extra.

• Like 1

I agree about Cobra Company's caution - originally he refused the sale (even though it was shipping to a US address) because I didn't have a US-registered credit card billing address. Then it was a reticence to send to the UK due to no tracking available (?)

Eventually he posted the stuff to me as long as I sent a written disclaimer that I would not seek a refund if the package did not arrive. 5 tense days later, the package arrived safely! In future, I think I'll probably go without Cobra Company, even though it is some of the best resin upgrades I've ever used.

• Like 1

Because he refuses to use a third party to sell his stock. It's not like they would be stealing his business selling his stuff to areas of the globe he doesn't send to. It would be nice if Hannants or a small company like Armour Models would be able to come to a deal but I seriously doubt that will ever happen. If I go to the states next year I may arrange a big public order and hand carry it all back.

• Like 2