Airfix C-47 'Kilroy' Diorama

The plan was to finish this within the D-Day GB timescale, but for want of a better excuse, I forgot the deadline and missed it!

Anyway, this is the new Airfix C-47 kit and strangely, the first of the newer breed of Airfix kits I've got round to making following the review I did in June this year. It certainly won't be the last as it was largely a joy to build.

Big thanks to Alistair (Mottlemaster) and Andy (Sgt Squarehead) for sending me some figures to use and pointing me in the direction to get some more. Also thanks to TonyOT for helping out on research for some of the finer details that I would of otherwise missed. I'm still planning to get some of the new figures that Dan Taylor is releasing to busy up the diorama more with Para's waiting to board Kilroy.

You can see the build HERE, but the kit is largely out of the box, just a few inner details added such as seatbelts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Neil

• Like 20

A very impressive model!

Them figures set the scene perfectly and I love the attention to detail, such as the taped over door hinges to stop the static line snagging.

Great looking model! :)

I knew this was going to turn out to be a stunning diorama! That looks so good and, as others have said, you've made it so there's lots of points of interest. Stunning work, beautifully made!!