Airspeed Envoy, scratch conversion from Pavla Oxford, 1/72

JWM

Hi,

Next Britt, which went for Spanish Civil War - Airspeed Envoy. Republicans, 1938. I did this model ten or eight years ago, making a scratch conversion of Pavla Airspeed Oxford.The Cheetah engins and propellers comes from Airfix Anson - it remains me after conversions of Ansons into Mk V and Mk XII (I posted photos of them in August, I think).

Now there is a very nice kit of Envoy by RS. It is perhaps wearing even the same markings. New model makes my efforts sometime useless. I have a couple of examples like that, that I made scratch conversion and then nice kit apeared...That is life :)

Here she is:

envoy DSC02390envoy DSC02389envoy DSC01546envoy DSC01549

envoy DSC01547envoy DSC02391

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 12

Hi Jerzy:

I have been admiring your wonderful job and really liked a lot the way you have done this wonderful creation!!!.

I liked the way many of the Gents here like you produces wonderful subjects using those old fashioned ways of modeling work, using home made vacs, plastic, resin, balsa wood and home made metal/wire/etched parts and/or crosskitting two or more kits to create two or more masterpieces without waste kits. Sure I'll look for your Anson too.

ALSO: don't feel bad because now the expensive RS or even Tamigawa makes now wonderful kits of your creations, anyway your work was, are and will be great testimony to anyone who would like to try to be different creating subjects don't covered by mainstream kit makers. Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1