Airfix Tiger Moth G-ACDC

Hello All,

More or less out of the box. I only made a few modifications:

* Seat belts from wine bottle foil and wire (tape or paper would have done just as well)

* Brass wire pitot tube

* Brass wire fuel line

* A vent pipe and fuel gauge pipe above the centre section

* Rigging using invisible thread coloured by running it over a silver marker pen

The parts are beautiful. The tailplane and undercarriage struts just snap into place (despite my attempts to fit the undercarriage strut the wrong way round!). The windscreens are tiny - I lost one for five minutes because it was stuck under my forearm! I added them at the end by placing them on a drop of Future.

Painting was an old JP Enamels acrylic silver (from which I had drained off about a third of the medium to make it thicker) and Humbrol acrylic gloss 20 applied over acrylic matt 70 (rust) to help adhesion and opacity. Rest was Humbrol acrylic.

Photographs reveal flaws that I simply cannot see with the naked eye. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Airfix_Tiger_Moth_Port_Rear_zps4fad99f5.

Airfix_Tiger_Moth_Port_Front_zps685da99b

Airfix_Tiger_Moth_Stbd_zps50997351.jpg

Airfix_Tiger_Moth_Port_Front_High_zps6f3

Airfix_Tiger_Moth_Port_Rear_High_zps5204

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 28

Excellent! Nice to see anothr new tool Airfix Tiggy here. Hope you will save another for next years Tiger Moth ONLY ST Group build??!

If you haven't signed up for it then please do. Plenty of time to plan another build! :thumbsup:

EXQUISITE little build with a MAGNAMOUS attitude. :wow::yikes:

Your Tiger Moth looks STUNNING... I LOVE the color scheme and it looks quite effulgent in that red and silver .... :heart:

OUTSTANDING riggings AND looks is FLAWLESS from here ..A GREAT idea to use the invisible thread ... :bling:

BRAVO :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps!

I will save up the green/brown over yellow for the Tiger Moth STGB, unless I stumble across another civil scheme I like as much as this one!

As to the sheen, the Humbrol acrylic gloss 20 is pretty shiny, but a coat of Future took out all the brushmarks! The wings are just silver acrylic, no Future.

Regards,

Adrian

Excellent! :) Particulary interesting for me -I am willing to do soon small series of small de Havillands. I am just gathering materials...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

I flew in to Headcorn on route to France in 1996 and remember seeing this aircraft there. I can remember it because being a fan of the band, I thought it was a cool registration to have!

Brilliant little build Adrian, lots of detail crammed in to a tiny kit :)

Hi Adrian:

Wonderful Build with this little kit, I am impressed by the rigging job you have done, really impressive!!!

Hope when I got mine it will be finished at least as half the wonderful than yours.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso