Hawker Hurricane 1/32 Decals

TerryUK

My friend is looking for replacement Decals for the old Monogram 1/32 Hawker Hurricane. Seems the decals in this kit where notoriously bad. The kit was in BP188 JV-Z 6 Sqn Egypt 1941 Markings. I had a good look around and other markings for the Mk IIc in 1/32 seem to be a bit thin on the ground. Any help with the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Terry

My friend is looking for replacement Decals for the old Monogram 1/32 Hawker Hurricane. Seems the decals in this kit where notoriously bad. The kit was in BP188 JV-Z 6 Sqn Egypt 1941 Markings. I had a good look around and other markings for the Mk IIc in 1/32 seem to be a bit thin on the ground. Any help with the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Terry

Hi Terry

AFAIK Monogram didn't do a 1/32nd Hurricane, though they might have reboxed the 1/32nd Revell kit.

They did do a 1/48th Hurricane, with BP188 JV-Z, which is a IID NOT a IIC, underwing 40mm guns.

hurr2-15.jpg

Neither the 1/32 Revell or the 1/48th Hurricane were ever a IIC, the 1/32nd was reboxed as a IIC [added cannons and bulges, but not changed wing panels]

The Monogram kit despite it's options, OOB was closest to a IIA [8 gun wing]

So you might want to check which kit it is.

• Like 1

Hi

Yep there is a monogram box of the revell 1:32, i have one in the stash somewhere, not jv-z as i recall.

The 1:48 monogram hurricanes i have come with cannons for a IIc option, also the IId, and rockets for a IV

Sorry i dont know about replacement decals.

Cheers

Jerry

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 1

Hi

Yep there is a monogram box of the revell 1:32, i have one in the stash somewhere, not jv-z as i recall.

The 1:48 monogram hurricanes i have come with cannons for a IIc option, also the IId, and rockets for a IV

Sorry i dont know about replacement decals.

Cheers

Jerry

The Revell/ Monogram box has a 73 sq option on the box top.

Revell%2085-4667%20Hurricanexc.JPG

The 1/48 Monogram Hurricane comes with IIc cannons, bombs, drop tanks, 40 mm cannons and rockets and plates, and claims to be be buildable as a IIC/IID/IV, BUT is closest to a IIA from the wing panels.

The kit is classic 60's Monogram, working UC and lots of rivets.

If it is the 1/48th kit then there are lots of decals, including JV-Z/BP188, but given the basic nature of the kit you could stick any mk II or IV decals on it if you are not concerned about accuracy of wing panels.

A decent Hurricane could be done with a lot of work, though the 40mm cannons and drop tanks look pretty good, though I have not checked super carefully.

• Like 1

Hi Troy and thanks for the reply. The Monogram Kit is indeed the 1/48th Hurricane, with BP188 JV-Z. Someone posted a similar problem on same post stating it was in 1/32!! I have solved the original problem with the Model Alliance Decal Hawker Hurricane in RAF and Commonwealth Service Part 2 in 1/48th! Seems the other builder has the 1998 Revell Hurricane mk2c kit in 1/32! And it seems he is the one now having problems finding replacement decals in 1/32. Having looked around i can`t find any.

Thanks Again

Terry

• Like 1

Hi Troy and thanks for the reply. The Monogram Kit is indeed the 1/48th Hurricane, with BP188 JV-Z. Someone posted a similar problem on same post stating it was in 1/32!! I have solved the original problem with the Model Alliance Decal Hawker Hurricane in RAF and Commonwealth Service Part 2 in 1/48th! Seems the other builder has the 1998 Revell Hurricane mk2c kit in 1/32! And it seems he is the one now having problems finding replacement decals in 1/32. Having looked around i can`t find any.

Thanks Again

Terry

Are my eyes getting steadily worse as I read this or am I just squinting?

I`m a bit confused as to who needs what now but if anybody does need 1/32nd scale Hurricane decals then Tally Ho do a sheet for Mk.I`s which should provide enough roundels, codes and serials to build a decent Hurricane by cutting them up to mix and match what you need.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks Tony, I will pass that on. No your eyes are fine! I was copy and pasting like a maniac from several pages in a frantic search. The guys on the Revell page confused me by double posting similar problems in the same thread only in different scales. #Sigh... The joys of being a page Admin!