Tamiya Ducati 1199 Panigale

imster

Beautiful work, and great photos. The light reflecting on the screen is very professional.

Did you use an SLR? If so, it looks like you have dust on your sensor!

Wow you have a good eye for details, I now see the black dot on the left hand side of the photos, I assume thats the dust you are referring to?

And its not a full on SLR, its a Sony A6000 with macro lens.

Thanks for the positive comments about the photos :)

Lovely build and great pics! Only just found this thread so have to ask, did you get the Z1000 fixed up? Fellow Kwaka rider here, but nothing as quick!

May have some Mazda pics saved somewhere as it was at Goodwood a while back...good luck with the build!

• Like 1

Lovely build and great pics! Only just found this thread so have to ask, did you get the Z1000 fixed up? Fellow Kwaka rider here, but nothing as quick!

May have some Mazda pics saved somewhere as it was at Goodwood a while back...good luck with the build!

Hey mate thanks for the kind comments, the bike is sitting in the garage ready to be fixed, I have been lurking and kinda waiting for a z1000 to come up at some breakers but no luck yet. What Kwaka do you ride?

If you have some mazda pics it would be awesome, I have built alot of it though just been lazy with updating things on forums etc.

Hey mate thanks for the kind comments, the bike is sitting in the garage ready to be fixed, I have been lurking and kinda waiting for a z1000 to come up at some breakers but no luck yet. What Kwaka do you ride?

If you have some mazda pics it would be awesome, I have built alot of it though just been lazy with updating things on forums etc.

I have an old VN800 Drifter...nice and slow! LOL

Will hunt round for those pics - not sure how helpful they'll be as it was a long time ago!

Yes! superb finish, congratulations and thens for the build and finished pics. I do like the 'scrubbed' tyres. Just received the fork set of my kit and the Buddy Build.

Colin

Ohhh woof! What a job....super finish & super photography!

Hope you're feeling better after your accident as well mate.

TT next week, so more enjoyment....

ATB & thanks for sharing the super build.............definitely inspirational for the Buddy Build!

I have an old VN800 Drifter...nice and slow! LOL

Will hunt round for those pics - not sure how helpful they'll be as it was a long time ago!

A VN800, nice and cruisey mate, maybe my wife will allow me to buy something like that rather than a full on sports or naked bike, still trying to work my magic and convince her that I will be fine to ride again

Yes! superb finish, congratulations and thens for the build and finished pics. I do like the 'scrubbed' tyres. Just received the fork set of my kit and the Buddy Build.

Colin

Thanks Colin, scrubbed tyres were done with a drill and sandpaper, I'm pretty sure you know how to do it but if not let me know and I will explain :)

Thats a beauty- well done.

Thanks Alan :)

Ohhh woof! What a job....super finish & super photography!

Hope you're feeling better after your accident as well mate.

TT next week, so more enjoyment....

ATB & thanks for sharing the super build.............definitely inspirational for the Buddy Build!

Thanks Riggers, yeah thanks to a fair few members here I've managed to get to grips with my camera and finally I can do reasonably decent pics now

My shoulder is getting better and better every week, went to the doctors last week and scans are showing good bone repair and development so cant complain :)

Yes TT is on, wish I could go but being on the other side of the world doesnt help lol, I hope all riders have a safe TT and come out alive and well

• 4 weeks later...

All posts edited!! I didnt realise but most of this WIP had broken photo links!

Also I really should make a completed build topic so I should have that up in the next couple of minutes!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Imster, what did you use to matt down the bodywork, its an awesome build and fantastic finish

Oh my god Raptorman I really apologise I had no idea you replied to this with your question, sorry mate!

ah man-vegetables - another kit to buy :)

Brilliant - same question as raptorman0 above - like the not-too-shiny-but-shiny finish you have achieved....

Caterham, this is a great kit, goes together pretty well barring the tail cowling (test fitting and paint thickness might cause problems here).

As for the finish? I recall making a mix of the Mr Hobby Topcoat semi-gloss and the same but gloss version, both cans decanted mixed possibly around the 40% semigloss and 60% gloss and sprayed through my airbrush. Honestly I am not 100% sure of the ratio and also the finish of the paint didnt come out so well especially compared to topcoats like 2K clear.

From what I recall on the actual 1:1 bike is that the red has a dull/bland feel to it (hard to explain!) and I wasnt happy with the Tamiya red used so I was trying to dull it down and try to take the vibrance out of the red.